A little about the Shozy Alien
Feb 12, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #1,351 of 3,124
  The Thinksound on1s are very good but for some reason they sound a little grainy or harsh with the Alien. Maybe because its underpowered for them? I'll listen more to confirm its not just confirmation bias.

Concur on the Mikros. Best sound for the money I've heard but comfort isn't... comfortable.

Yeah, the On1s are just on the edge of what the Alien can drive. They sound very good still, but not quite at the peak of what the On1s can deliver.

I personally don't mind the Momentum On Ears with the Alien, but I also wouldn't say they're an end-game option. I have a set of AAW A3H universal IEMs here at the moment and they're pretty impressive - like a FIDUE A83 with a little more balance across the whole frequency range so slightly less emphasis on the treble, but similar extension and detail. They pair really well with the Alien.

Of course, Noble K10s are also a great option, but so far I haven't found a source that the K10s don't love

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #1,352 of 3,124
Absolutely in love with this little device! I personally think it is perfect. Feels great and solid in the hand and easily controlled. No problems thus far with 16/44.1 WAV and ordering/organization is very predictable. I did notice that the Alien does take into consideration the entire file name. Kings of Leon song 17 is named 07-17 and is played last even with the 07 structure. I had to rename it 07-Seventeen for it to play in the correct order. Mine is a 004xx series silver edition. I have been able to recreate the following actions on every attempt...5-6 times by now. normal play mode, 2sec (-) press = repeat folder, 2sec (-) press = repeat song, 2sec (-) press = shuffle, then back to normal mode. I know this has been discussed but the 2nd (-) press was thought to go back to normal mode which mine does not. This is great for me since I tend to listen to certain songs over-and-over if the mood strikes me! 
gs1000.gif

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #1,354 of 3,124
Particularly loving Alice in Chains - Unplugged and Damien Rice - O on the Alien.
Something about the way it renders acoustic guitars is addictive.
maybe that's why we love this device so much . I play the guitar(though not very good at it) and i listen to rodrigo y gabriela alot and sometimes tommy emmanuel. The alien renders the acoustics with such finesse.

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #1,355 of 3,124
Having fun with the Alien. :^)

Feb 13, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #1,357 of 3,124
Ahh, guys I think something might be wrong with my alien. There's a sound whenever I change song hmm..... And when I shake the alien there's something inside moving I think. Can anyone confirm ?

Anyways have anyone tried the tf10 with the alien? I just sent my tf10 for reshell so I'm eager to find out how it sounds. By the way is the alien a good source for er4s?

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #1,358 of 3,124
Ahh, guys I think something might be wrong with my alien. There's a sound whenever I change song hmm..... And when I shake the alien there's something inside moving I think. Can anyone confirm ?

Anyways have anyone tried the tf10 with the alien? I just sent my tf10 for reshell so I'm eager to find out how it sounds. By the way is the alien a good source for er4s?

What is the sound? If it's a quiet click sound I think that's normal. Mine does that as well.

Feb 13, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #1,362 of 3,124
Yup, the Mikros 90's are very good indeed, especially when you consider that they often go on sale for ridiculously low prices. My only gripe about them is that I don't find them to be very comfortable. But others do, so ymmv.

The Kef M500's are very good on ears as well, and are very comfortable (at the expense of not staying on the head all that well when moving around). But they cost a lot more than the 90's.

+1 on the M500. Never thought that on ears can be this good

Feb 13, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #1,363 of 3,124
From my er4s which has no issue with any other source

I experience the same "beep" noise when changing songs. The reason I asked was to make sure you didn't mean the click from the physical buttons, people are just too used to touchscreens nowadays.

On a different matter, charging takes, with a standard microUSB phone charger from empty to full(or at least till the red light goes off) in exactly 1h 45min.

Feb 13, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #1,365 of 3,124
Anyone else get a freeze up occassional that seems to happen when taking out/putting in a headphone jack? The sound stutters and the blue light stays one. Don't know what its all about.

I faced the same freezing with stuttering but it was not related to taking out / putting headphone jack.

It stuttered and freezed at the start of the same song each time, after reconverting it to flac or wav again using dbpoweramp, the song worked normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back