A little about the Shozy Alien
Oct 3, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #2,915 of 3,124
Hardstyle, more info on Shozy Magic please!! :D

I haven't seen any reviews on it, although I haven't checked recently. Also, I've been eyeballing the cheaper Shozy amp. Wonder how the Alien and Magic sound together..

Oct 3, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #2,916 of 3,124
Hardstyle, more info on Shozy Magic please!! :D

I haven't seen any reviews on it, although I haven't checked recently. Also, I've been eyeballing the cheaper Shozy amp. Wonder how the Alien and Magic sound together..
To me it's a seriously good amp, musical but also leans into analytical. I would say it's a powerful amp for iems but no so much for full sized cans. But it powers my Fidelio X2 perfectly and truly makes them shine. Doesn't sound like the X2 i've heard a while back and the X2 that came out the box. Bass is powerfull but very tight and quick and reaches down very low. Mids are much more foward and sound delicious. Highs are extended but never being harsh and absolutely no sibilance at all. Soundstage becomes wider and instrument seperation incredible and all the minor details just come out from hiding. Yes an extremely good little amp that packs a punch. But don't pay the 500-600. Better if you go search around and see if you can get it for 250-350. Is it worth the 500-600 price point? I'll honestly say it is. I absolutely love it!!! But better if you buy it for less because you'll be hurting if you pay the full cash and find it on sale.....

Oct 3, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #2,917 of 3,124
Thanks for the detailed description. Sounds just like how I think the Alien to be. Sometimes I think the mids being more forward is just an illusion due to how well the bass and treble are controlled.

Oct 4, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #2,921 of 3,124
Got the steelseries flux in-ear pro coming on an impulse buy. Not expecting much but I'll see how it sounds on the Gold.

I think Joker rates those pretty highly for the price.

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #2,922 of 3,124
I could've gotten a westone 2 but I missed my chance. I read a couple reviews saying the pro version of the flux isn't necessarily good value, like the non pro which I've owned and enjoyed, but still a decent phone.

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #2,923 of 3,124
Since we are talking about amps to compliment the Alien (which does itself boast 55mw per channel into 16ohms), I have the IEM-oriented Fiio E12a Mont Blanc Titanium edition, and its little bass-boost switch really does compliment the Alien well. It is an analog boost to the very low frequencies centering around 50hz from what I understand. It takes the power delivered to your IEM up to a whopping >420 mW (16 Ω/THD+N<1% with an output impedance of less than 0.3 ohms)!  http://www.fiio.net/en/products/33/parameters

[EDIT: I take the following statement back. The Utrasone Proline 750 sounded better straight from the Alien. See this post.It also has a high-impedance switch to power most full-size headphones.

I like it a lot!

Terry

Oct 7, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #2,924 of 3,124
The Flux Pro sounds pretty good with the Gold, maybe a touch too warm, but it does seem to sound consistent between sources. My favorite part about the Pro is the mids, which are wonderfully textured and sweet with just about the perfect distance from the listener for intimate vocals. Negatives, it lacks some air and just a bit of bass extension, and lower treble can be a touch aggressive on bright tracks but is usually a nonissue.

Oct 7, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #2,925 of 3,124
  Since we are talking about amps to compliment the Alien (which does itself boast 55mw per channel into 16ohms), I have the IEM-oriented Fiio E12a Mont Blanc Titanium edition, and its little bass-boost switch really does compliment the Alien well. It is an analog boost to the very low frequencies centering around 50hz from what I understand. It takes the power delivered to your IEM up to a whopping >420 mW (16 Ω/THD+N<1% with an output impedance of less than 0.3 ohms)!  http://www.fiio.net/en/products/33/parameters

It also has a high-impedance switch to power most full-size headphones. I like it a lot!

Terry

I've paired Soundmagics A1 amp with the Shozy, and it also works very well, including the Bass Boosting feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back