A little about the Campfire Audio Jupiter
Mar 3, 2024 at 12:23 AM Post #347 of 347
I still love them! Nothing in my collection has their sound-which "purists" may criticize, as the pulled-back upper mids is noticeable-and love the treble extension.

Cable story-I have tried the Effect Audio Grandioso, Ares II, and Cadmus with these. For a long time used Grandioso, but the connector broke when my violin pushed a bit too hard against my bag once. Campfire Audio fixed the Jupiter MMCX connectors, but the cables connectors themselves got wrecked as well. So my Grandioso IEMs were lost (broken), so I used the stock cables for a while longer. The Ares S, Cadmus, and Eros S were released, so Jupiter got a good match with the Cadmus. Definitely affect the signature quite noticeably (no mental burn-ins, etc.-for better or worse, they will affect how some IEMs will sound.) The Cadmus made the bass extend better and make it more prominent, and the highs are still quite excellent.

Recently bought the Grandioso again, this time for mu Andromeda S. That evening I carefully switched Cadmus and Grandioso around from Andro S to Jupiter and back. Cadmus works well with the Andromeda, but I like the balance better with the Grandioso-makes everything "sparkly" and more extended, very subtly but still evident. I preferred the Grandioso with the Andro S, and the Cadmus for the more extreme "tonal balance shake-up" with the Jupiter. Grandioso is great, mind you-just that it "refined" the already not too harsh Jupiter, and even though I used it as such for many enjoyable months, I believe the Cadmus make it even better at what it does well.

(The Ares II is a great cable too. Currently have them on the much hated-online, at any rate-Campfire Audio IO to *excellent* effect.)

In my experience, the Jupiter seems to have an even more extended and noticeable higher treble region than the Andromeda S, but it may be the cable pairings and/or the better upper mids of the Andro S giving that impression.

But in short, I feel the Jupiter were great, and I still love using them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back