A lil headphone joke =D
Feb 1, 2007 at 5:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

mADmAN

500+ Head-Fier
Link to the original post (Chinese or Japanese ...not sure
biggrin.gif
)
http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=255435&fpage=1

Take note that this is someone else's translation from the original post. i cant read the language myself.......
biggrin.gif

A group of audiophiles went for a meeting and met an accident on the way back. The vehicle plunged into a canyon and the poor driver died. Most of the survivors were badly hurt, and they cannot call for help due to terrain restriction.

On the 3rd day the rescue squad found them. The reporter were surprised to see them alive, and thus he interviewed them:

Reporter: "Can't imagine you guys survived for 3 days 3 nights down there! I really wish to know how you guys manage to keep yourself alive."

AKG owners: "As an audiophile we have our own way to stay alive. We made 4 metal racks out of 4 K1000s, and we ripped the leather bands from our K501s, K601s, and K701s then we isolate the leather from the plastic."

Reporter: "Huh? What for?"

Beyer Dynamics owners: "We use our DT880s and DT770s as spike clubs. By swinging them we can break the ice formed at the surface of the river!"

Shure & Etymotic Research owners: "After they break the ice, we use our E5Cs and ER6 as baits to catch fish. The fishes are more hungry than us during winter!"

Reporter: "Wow!"

Audio Technica owners: "We stripped off our A1000, then place the 2 earcups on the racks made by the AKG owners. Then we put ice into the earcups."

Reporter: "Why? You guys wanted to make ice cream?"

Grado owners: "No! We removed all the housings from our RS-1s and MSPro, then we put them under the rack. They burn nicely!"

Reporter: "And then?"

AKG owners: "When the ice inside the A1000 earcups melts and boils, we throw in our AKG leather headbands. Then we put in the fishes caught by the IEMs owners!"

Reporter: "Then?"

Audio Technica owners: "Then we dismantle our W100 and W1000 and distribute the wooden earcups to everyone. Everyone will have their share of soup."

Reporter: "Only classy Japanese restaurants use wooden bowls. I tried before but its very expensive!"

Fellow audiophiles: "Our meal is even more expensive! And it doesn't taste good but its better than starving to death."

Reporter: "Wow you guys are amazing! Your headphones saved your lives! This is a miracle! Audience in front of the TV , you're now watching the live broadcast from our rescue mission!"

The interview session ended, but the Sennheiser owners are no where to be seen. Where are those 2 people? The rescue squad resumed their search and shortly after they found the 2 Sennheiser owners. One almost dead, another one committed suicide by hanging himself.

Survivor said: "He tried to consume the HD650, tried to set up a fire using the HD650, tried using it to break ice and catch fish, but it all leads to nothing but failure. In frustration he threw all his HD650s, HD600s, and HD580s into the river and whats left with him is 6 headphone cables. He lost all hope and he hung himself with the cables. Now only i know its a pity to become a Sennheiser lover, if i knew this i wouldn't have picked the Senns. How i wish i can die like my other friend!"

Reporter: "Then why you didn't follow your friend and hang yourself? You're a Sennheiser owner right?"

Survivor: "I tried! But my HD595's cable is not detachable!"

Feb 1, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #3 of 38
haha wow...crazy good. Although the wording is a little..."wordy" in some places.

Nice find!

Feb 1, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #4 of 38
Lmao. All the Senn owners are prolly going "
mad.gif
Not funny!" right now.
tongue.gif

Just how bored to you have to be to write something like that, anyway?

Feb 1, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 38
The driver crashed because the veil from one of the HD650s was blocking his view...

Feb 1, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #6 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The driver crashed because the veil from one of the HD650s was blocking his view...

lol

Feb 1, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #7 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ahahaha.

to the OP: that was funny
icon10.gif

i have a sennheiser, but i'm no senn fan boy. maybe i should check out other headphones to see if... NAW!
eek.gif

Feb 1, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #8 of 38
sennheiser owners used their comfortable veils to stay warm.

Feb 1, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #10 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's why I take IEMs with me on all the trips. :wink:

Ah, but but what if they are the super.fi line?
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #12 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lmao. All the Senn owners are prolly going "
mad.gif
Not funny!" right now.
tongue.gif

Not funny.
icon10.gif

The driver crashed because the Grados were too bright, he couldn't see...

Feb 1, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Pfffffft hahahaha.
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #14 of 38
AND when they came to wake the UE-10 owner, he opened his eyes, looked around, confused, took off his IEM and wanted to know what's going on? What happened? What'd I miss?
blink.gif

IEM owners will know what I mean.
icon10.gif

Does anybody wonder what happened to the Bose owners?

No? Yeah, I don't really care either.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 1, 2007 at 7:33 AM Post #15 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, but but what if they are the super.fi line?
wink.gif

I use the Vibe, it looks like a fish-lure anyway :wink:. In fact its shiny enough to catch some really big fish =O

Quote:

Grados were buuuuurned xD (twice now)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back