A Letter From Focal: A Lesson In Customer Service
Jan 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #17 of 60
This is a respectable move by Focal.  

Does anyone have any details on the nature of the problem with the case though?  I am really interested in finding out how a case issue caused this type of problem.  

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #18 of 60
Quote:
IMO, they're trying to push this opportunity to enhance their brand a little too hard here. That being said, it's good that they've come clean and are trying to resolve the issue at hand.

I could think of better ways to promote a product than send out a mass letter saying there may be a problem with that product.

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #20 of 60
Quote:

I could think of better ways to promote a product than send out a mass letter saying there may be a problem with that product.

At least they're being proactive instead of hoping the problem just goes away on its own. I'll give them credit for trying to take the high road, but I'm not about to run out and buy one of their products as a result.

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #21 of 60
Usually, companies deny anything is wrong with one or more of their products but as more and more people come forward with the same issue, the company finally admits there are problems. Well done to Focal for being an apparently credible company and taking care of things the right way the first time.

Jan 26, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #22 of 60
Quote:
At least they're being proactive instead of hoping the problem just goes away on its own. I'll give them credit for trying to take the high road, but I'm not about to run out and buy one of their products as a result.

I was responding to the other posters claim that they were using this as an opportunity to promote their products.

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #23 of 60
Quote:

I was responding to the other posters claim that they were using this as an opportunity to promote their products.

My issue is that they created this huge essay filled with gobs of extraneous fanfare (you get two paragraphs in and they still haven't even told you there's a problem yet), when the entire email could have been cut down to about 10% in length and still conveyed the same amount of information about the defects. I personally find it to be annoying to read.

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #24 of 60

My issue is that they created this huge essay filled with gobs of extraneous fanfare (you get two paragraphs in and they still haven't even told you there's a problem yet), when the entire email could have been cut down to about 10% in length and still conveyed the same amount of information about the defects. I personally find it to be annoying to read.
The company wanted to say something better than "We messed up, here's a new case." If I owned a company, I'd want to make the email like they did, as it comes off a lot nicer to the consumer instead of saying that they had a defect.

Just my $.02

Jan 27, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #25 of 60
Quote:

Got it. They do buy ad space on head-fi, so maybe they overreacted a bit.

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #26 of 60
Quote:

Or maybe they sabotaged their own headphones in order to spout this extraneous fanfare?

Jan 27, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #27 of 60
Or maybe they sabotaged their own headphones in order to spout this extraneous fanfare?

Are you, like, five years old? We have a differing viewpoint on how a company should address a mistake.

I had a problem with the website at Front End Audio, and the people who work there addressed it for me without sending me a ten paragraph email about the history and goals of Front End Audio. That, I liked. This, I don't.

There's no need to be childish about it.

Jan 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #28 of 60
So why are you being childish then?

Jan 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #30 of 60
How does one know if they are buying a NOS or the revised new version?  My first review unit was defective with a balance issue and Focal next day air me a replacement.  I love their products and service.  I own the Focal Mezzo Utopia speakers that I bought over 12 years ago and it's still my favorite speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back