A letter from Dr. Xin
May 9, 2011 at 8:45 AM Post #61 of 67

Quote:
Indeed. Whether it really is Xin or not, would you go ahead and order from someone who has taken years to even reply to your order?

Hehe, I'm just loving seeing the differences in how people perceive customer service and how much they are willing to tolerate.
When people are complaining about relatively inane issues and getting all worked up about it, I always thought it would be amusing to see those same people deal with someone like Xin or Singlepower. :wink:

May 9, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #62 of 67

Quote:
Hehe, I'm just loving seeing the differences in how people perceive customer service and how much they are willing to tolerate.
When people are complaining about relatively inane issues and getting all worked up about it, I always thought it would be amusing to see those same people deal with someone like Xin or Singlepower. :wink:

Agreed.  I remember somebody crying all over the 602 thread because Head-Direct didn't respond to their email they sent '1 hour ago'!  It was Sunday evening btw.  My 'special' list is full of such folks around here.

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #63 of 67
I haven't dealt with Xin for years but always had good if slow service from him. I recently dusted off my supermacros for a listen. The IV is in need of repair but the 3 still sounds excellent. For old time's sake I decided to order a reference amp from Xin. I realize that I might have tossed my money away- but on the other hand I may get something really nice.

Oct 17, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #64 of 67

Quote:
I haven't dealt with Xin for years but always had good if slow service from him. I recently dusted off my supermacros for a listen. The IV is in need of repair but the 3 still sounds excellent. For old time's sake I decided to order a reference amp from Xin. I realize that I might have tossed my money away- but on the other hand I may get something really nice.

Everything considered, the 3 was the best, IMO. I hope you didn't toss your money but then if it was on a card, he normally didn't charge until shipped. Also, the Ref, while good, may have been surpassed now but it is very pure sounding. 

Oct 17, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #65 of 67

Quote:
Everything considered, the 3 was the best, IMO. I hope you didn't toss your money but then if it was on a card, he normally didn't charge until shipped. Also, the Ref, while good, may have been surpassed now but it is very pure sounding. 

I agree on the 3 of those I've heard. I never really took to the 4. I don't expect the Ref to be the best but I just went on a bit of a spending spree and ordered an ALO audio "The Continental" and also want to get an SR 71 B-didn't want to leave Xin out of the loop considering all the pleasure I've had from his products.

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #66 of 67
If you get any response from Xin, please update us.  I'd be curious to know if he still designs and assembles amps every now and then.  

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back