a horrible story of loss and sorrow (solved);
Nov 6, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #31 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats right I do mean well but thats just not cool here.....wow.

thanks for your 'support' i'm not going to go around randomly begging for charity for some body else one at a time are you serious. how would I select these people to randomly ask?? most people dont even list these type of cheap phones in their sig. is that how you get things done at work??

sorry I dont mean to be rude but thats a pretty wierd method to suggest.

I know that you do not mean to be rude, that's good. But eh, to reply to your question: You could have asked 'randomly' in the thread the 'socalled victim' had started, like in a reply. That would have been sufficient. That's usually how it goes here on Head-Fi, people will read it anyway.
I'm glad the situation has been resolved, and it was no biggy by all means.
At least you did some good today, you got a fellow Head-Fier a pair of iems, through your effort that is.
Job well done mate
wink.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #32 of 39
In all fairness, its good that we got the guy sorted, and I'd be well pissed if I lost some SE530's, but the person in question owns an iMod, Macbook pro, HD595's, a Headamp etc. Do you not think he could afford a $20 pair of soundmagics?

Sorry to bring this up, as I'm sure others have, but its just a thought.

I'm all for Head-Fi being a community whereby members are kind to eachother, but a whole thread for this.

Well done for getting the guy sorted with some headphones, though, just thought I'd express my opinion.
beerchug.gif

Nov 7, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #33 of 39
I have followed this thread and the relevant posts by noremedy in another thread. This is a seemingly tragic story which ended up having a happy ending (the SE530's were recovered the next morning).

The same cannot be said about me losing a set of Shure E3c's, regrettably. (I lost it somewhere in a hospital, and the IEMs were never recovered.) And it took me nearly two years to find a better replacement at a bit more than what I originally paid for them. And listening to my current SE310's, I sure didn't miss my departed E3c's one bit.

Nov 7, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you are not actually expecting anyone to participate unless they really want to... maybe I misunderstand the intent of this post then.

I agree that post was not well worded; I actually went back to edit that one but that was during that time yesterday where it was taking ages to do anything and there were several crashes of the head-fi site. by the time I got back here it was too late. but I think some people; in fact most by the sounds of it. Somehow (I dont know how) failed to notice the tounge in cheek nature of the original post title. and started actually taking offense to what was a simple gesture and making accusations .....craziness. anyway its all good now they were found after all.

Nov 7, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #35 of 39
yes a whole thread for this; people start a whole new thread for questions that are answered in a thread that is a couple of posts above it. noremedy and myself were pretty much the only ones conversing in his thread at the time and I couldn't really hijack his thread to start asking people for donations for him. perhaps I misjudged the situation, but some of the anger and emotional responses from people last night were incredible

Nov 7, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #36 of 39
qusp,
No worries man, I think you did a great deed. Threw around a few excessive hyperboles ya, but a kind gesture nonetheless. We could learn a lesson in altruism from qusp, but what is a world full of alrtuism but un-enforced communism?
You did a good thing for somebody that you didn't have to even think about, that is commendable. I hope someone would do the same for me in his situation. This is a cold hearted world full of narcisists; it is nice to see someone who cares not only for himself and whats good for number 1 everyonce in a while.

cheers,
Dave

Nov 7, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #38 of 39
Wow people are really emotionally invested in this topic!

Glad he found his stuff.

Something tragic happened to me today too. I lost my wallet. After I got dressed after gym class I looked everywhere and couldn't find it. Figured somebody picked it up and took off with it.

Happy ending: I left it home all day on my dresser and just forgot that I forgot it.

The End

Nov 7, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #39 of 39
yes the happy ending is all that matters. thanks to everyone that got involved. After all that it was interesting to see how polarized the responses were. some persecuted me; some congratulated me hmmmm food for thought
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back