a horrible story of loss and sorrow (solved);
Nov 6, 2008 at 6:48 AM Post #16 of 39
I guess I must've doubled up on my prozac this morning
tongue.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #17 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by JonIrenicus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Call me a cynic, but is qusp and noremedy the same person ?

LOL check my sig I have SE530's yes but thats all we have in common. I knew there would be one cynic
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^
Here's your man OP.

For me, if I decided to donate some of my money for a good cause (which I have done few times,) this definitely wouldn't be it.

Not only might this bring future head-fiers into begging other members, which I think isn't allowed on these forums, but there are places where the money I decide to donate can be spent towards feeding and saving the lives of those in dire need.

call ME melodramatic this is just too funny; he didn't ask for anything get a grip will you. I have already preempted your strange and IMO soul-less point of view in an earlier post

Nov 6, 2008 at 11:02 AM Post #19 of 39
I don't get it,

After looking at the equipment in noremedy's sig, I can't fathom why anyone would think he needs any "charity" or assistance. FWIW, there are plenty of people on this board who don't even have half the set-up he already has with or w/o the se530's.

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #20 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not really an appropriate metaphor; in that case although maybe a bit deluded; those people knew exactly what they were doing and then wanted you to pay for their negligence. in this case the poor guy just had a bad day and maybe his brain faded I dont know; but apparently it was at college so someone is a happy camper

i think he should buy his own equipment, hes a nobody with no substantial amount of posts to head fi, soundmagic for $20 should be easy for anybody to afford, i am getting a destinct feeling your a little closer to him than we know
redface.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #21 of 39
Alright I confess, it was me... the second shooter at... O, wrong thread. For serious though, I don't think too bad of helping another head-fier out...whoever he or she is. A nobody or not. But creating a whole new thread is a little much, I reckon.
It would have been better or more in place to ask randomly if someone had a pair he or she wouldn't have cared for giving away.
The OP means well, just the execution wasn't well... right ;-]

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #22 of 39
this is really getting too much; the problem has been solved so just stop your whining will you? why do so many people object if I and whoever else thinks its a good cause decide to help someone. what does it really have to do with you? if you dont wish to help ...DONT. just stop your suspicious and negative remarks. its that kind of attitude that adds to how screwed up the world is today. Just because there are people with worse troubles out there doesn't mean that we shouldn't do something about this problem. I dont know him so I just shouldn't give a toss; is that right?
I just opened it up to see what could be done about it. he lost the only IEM he had and several other bad things that happened mean that he cant replace them any time soon. so I thought I'd help out with what I could and thought perhaps we might even be able to do better. which we have; and really what gives you the right to decide if myself and anyone else for that matter are allowed to do something about the situation. what does this all have to do with the starving people in africa .... REALLY unbelievable. not attempting to solve the small easily solved [problems and justifying it by saying that there are bigger problems out there is just a convenient excuse to do nothing about either IMO. lighten up will you guys

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by gideonMorrison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright I confess, it was me... the second shooter at... O, wrong thread. For serious though, I don't think too bad of helping another head-fier out...whoever he or she is. A nobody or not. But creating a whole new thread is a little much, I reckon.
It would have been better or more in place to ask randomly if someone had a pair he or she wouldn't have cared for giving away.
The OP means well, just the execution wasn't well... right ;-]

thats right I do mean well but thats just not cool here.....wow.

thanks for your 'support' i'm not going to go around randomly begging for charity for some body else one at a time are you serious. how would I select these people to randomly ask?? most people dont even list these type of cheap phones in their sig. is that how you get things done at work??

sorry I dont mean to be rude but thats a pretty wierd method to suggest.

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #24 of 39
[size=small]I REPEAT...... THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED[/size]

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

seems i've misjudged the generosity of this place, I know i'm no supremos but I would've expected at least a reply. why am i the only one willing to put out a random act of kindness. its not like we're shooting for the starts here. could also get some KSC75's for $10USD and i've already volunteered $5 of that.

come on give a little
icon10.gif

So you are not actually expecting anyone to participate unless they really want to... maybe I misunderstand the intent of this post then.

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by glc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't get it,

After looking at the equipment in noremedy's sig, I can't fathom why anyone would think he needs any "charity" or assistance. FWIW, there are plenty of people on this board who don't even have half the set-up he already has with or w/o the se530's.

without the SE530 he only has a large and leaky set of fullsize cans thats it. sure hes got cables and an amp but not any kind of alternative to what has been lost.

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #27 of 39
I know this is crazy but I have been a member of Head-Fi for about 6 months now. I still do not have an iPod or headphones of any kind because I can not afford them right now due to personal circumstances. Hopefully I will get my first iPod this Christmas. I just purchased my first external hard drive so I can rip all of my CD's onto it but that is all I have. I think that if the community wants to pull together and help someone with their equipment, that is terrific, and should not be judged. There is a lot of selfishness in the world today and I commend Qusp for being so generous. As for myself, I do not feel bad or upset that I can not afford great audio equipment at the moment. I am an artist and there are great things that I can enjoy that others can not. Vermeer, Rembrandt, and Chardin are just a subway ride a way. At home, on my little Cambridge Soundworks radio, I still am brought to tears listening to Mozart's Requiem. My life is rich even though I do not have many things that I would like. In the meantime, while I wait for my circumstances to change, I love to learn, read, and enjoy all that is the Head-Fi community.

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

without the SE530 he only has a large and leaky set of fullsize cans thats it. sure hes got cables and an amp but not any kind of alternative to what has been lost.

And that's a "horrible story of loss and sorrow"?..... I personally have no problem with anyone who wishes to help noremedy (a 16 year old still in school) fund their HeadFi hobby. I just think you unintentionally blew it all out of proportion and may have gotten sympathy from some members of this site by misrepresenting the situation. That's what I think people have a problem with.

FWIW, nowhere does noremedy say he's had "bad things" happen to him, but use use this term freely.

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #29 of 39
davidhunternyc,

I also think it's commendable, but I run an office and have to lay off 2 of the 11 people on staff because we don't have enough work due to the economic crisis going on. The only way to avoid these lay-offs and not put people that need their job on the street is to find $200K in design work. Now that's truly a "horrible story of loss and sorrow", not the loss of a set of $300 headphones by someone in school & probably living at home.

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #30 of 39
I think that what i intentionally meant to be only an informative thread stating i lost my headphones has been blown out of all proportions. To clarify i have never met Qusp in my life nor even been to Australia, the suggestion that we were conspiring together is quite hurtful really. The good nature of an individual questioned by cynic's isn't enjoyable for anyone. However I would like to apolagize that this thread was made, and I do accept that each comment here is valid, I also thank those who have said such kind words regarding the topic. However, i would like to state. THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN SOLVED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back