A headphone tribute goodbye to Tyll from Innerfidelity
May 17, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #183 of 306
Yeah, english isn't my native tongue but I would rather say that "he has been helpful" instead of "was helpful" coz the man isn't quite dead yet and it'll take a few lives to read innerfidelity in full, digest it and then understand it all completely huh(damping factor yada yada ^^).
Quite dead yet lol,sometimes I think be great to retire but it's wishing my life away

May 18, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #185 of 306
Really happy for Tyll, he set a great example for all of us. The only thing that hurts is, with him leaving, the now obvious lack of competent critics in the headphone hi-fi industry.

Also i really hope he got away with a decent swag.

May 20, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #188 of 306
Next video: a shoot out for the best amp/dac/headphone combo within the limited space of a tiny home...?

Have a great retirement Tyll. I'm late to party and didn't know you personally but I can recognize your influence and enjoyed many of your reviews...

May 20, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #189 of 306
In some strange way I have always been intuitively drawn to what Jude described as your "crazy streak" Tyll! Although I probably would have described it as an obsessive passion for truth, detail, authenticity, and integrity! A passion which for me is completely connected to your ultimate decision to "live lightly," build "Putt" and hit the road! I shall miss the prospect of no more Montana bike travelogues - as a fellow rider - as much as any Headphone reviews. Be safe, enjoy the journey mate, and title your first book "Zen and the Art of Putt Maintenance"!

May 20, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #190 of 306
I keep thinking the past week was a dream.

I must be dreaming...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

May 21, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #192 of 306
Thank you, Tyll, for enlightening me about the existence of better-sounding headphones than what I had usually come across before. I hope the rest of your life goes well.

And right now, I am semi-retired from the headphone game, only keeping a few pairs.

May 22, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #193 of 306
Just a quick message to say have a great well deserved retirement. It sure is great to follow your dreams

And finally a thank you for all your brilliant reviews. They sure did help guide me, a relative newbie in making some excellent headphone choices over the last couple of years or so.........Focal Classics, Oppo PM-1 & PM-3, Focal Elear, Utopia, AFC, Bose QC35, to name but a few

Happy Retirement:smile_phones:

May 22, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #194 of 306
Kind of ironic, these two simultaneous retirements - the same week - I learned so much from both these guys...
Tyll - you know him. He taught us so much!
Peter King - SI and MMQB columnist for 25+ years - the go-to guy for NFL football.

Both retiring on Their Terms!
Well done, mates -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back