A headphone tribute goodbye to Tyll from Innerfidelity
May 14, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #121 of 306
Tyll would definitely be in the hall of fame, along with Steve G, Jude, Brooko, among others.

Any staged humility aside - I honestly think I'm years off even being considered for a list like this. But thanks.

May 14, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #123 of 306
Enjoy the open road Tyll. So glad to be able to spend time talking with you during the Canlanta 2016. I will treasure that memory for sure.

A class Act @ Jason!

May 15, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #124 of 306
I am late to the headphone game, but in my short time dabbling in the dark arts of personal audio I have found Tyll to be a source of valuable information and insight presented in a most understandable and enjoyable fashion. He has contributed greatly to my understanding and enjoyment of all things headphones. Bon Voyage and happy retirement!! If you were to post-up here at Head-fi every once-in-a-while, it would be a very welcome surprise.

I hereby put in a suggestion for a new title to honor Tyll -- Headphonus Emeritus.

Last edited:
May 15, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #125 of 306
I owe Tyll a huge thanks for helping me discover my sound preferences and also what to look for in a headphone. Without his countless (and quite informative) measurement graphs, I don't think I would understand sound quality in quite the same way. Its good to know he will be replaced at Innerfidelity, but his work and self will still be missed.

May 15, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #126 of 306
Most of us here don't know Tyll personally but in a way we all do. In the 6 years of being a part of the Headphone community, Tyll was definitely was a major part of my life.
I still remember watching my first video of Tyll on the DT880 almost 5 years ago and now that I think of it, that video is the reason I'm still here writing this post.

Hearing Tyll's retirement was especially tough for me due to some personal events that occurred that day, I still couldn't sleep properly due to the wave of emotions I was facing.

Thank you for your service Tyll, enjoy and live your life with Putt. Your contributions will never be forgotten.

Screenshot_20180513-103602_Instagram.jpg

May 15, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #127 of 306
Any staged humility aside - I honestly think I'm years off even being considered for a list like this. But thanks.
Give yourself some credit, man. You have the best written reviews out here, with a great balance of objectivity and subjectivity. Not sure if you have a Youtube channel. If you do, can you PM me about it. I'll subscribe.

Anyway, I don't wanna lose track. This thread's for Tyll so let's all wish 'im the best!

May 15, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #129 of 306
You have another disciple here in Blighty. 75% of my headphone life was in total audio ignorance, until I discovered InnerFidelity. My last decade has been so enriched by you, the HF community and of course, much better audio. I'm happy to join the many around the world who rarely buy headphones without seeking your wisdom first.

Happy trails!

May 15, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #130 of 306
This is honestly sad news, while I may not of always agreed with you; I always respected your reviews, appreciated your insight, and you helped shaped my knowledge and understanding of audio. In some way you were with us all here in this long headphone journey.

You will be missed Tyll and I hope you have a fun and fulfilling retirement.

P.S. - Hope you enjoyed that DT 150 I sent in for measurements a few years back when you were doing all those headphone measurements and thank you for measuring them.

May 15, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #135 of 306
Most of us here don't know Tyll personally but in a way we all do. In the 6 years of being a part of the Headphone community, Tyll was definitely was a major part of my life.
I still remember watching my first video of Tyll on the DT880 almost 5 years ago and now that I think of it, that video is the reason I'm still here writing this post.

Hearing Tyll's retirement was especially tough for me due to some personal events that occurred that day, I still couldn't sleep properly due to the wave of emotions I was facing.

Thank you for your service Tyll, enjoy and live your life with Putt. Your contributions will never be forgotten.

Your reviews are fantastic too, nice to see that pic of you meeting him!!! I hope i can meet him one day too. Need to chase down Putt. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back