a good hifiman 400i upgrade
Feb 27, 2018 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

YUUHUU

New Head-Fier
Hello guys im considering upgrading my 400i i have around 1000$ as budget, i currently have the aune x1s 10 anniversary edition as an amp/dac and my favorite types of music are movie and anime soundtracks and i also enjoy vocal music like enya lisa gerrard, also i realy like piano and violin ( the piano guys lindsey stirling) and in general all instrumental music. Also bassy music is a must. What would you guys recommended as a realy noticeable upgrade over the 400i as a side note i dont like verry bright sounding cans sibilance kills me.
Thanks in advance

Feb 27, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #2 of 6
Hello guys im considering upgrading my 400i i have around 1000$ as budget, i currently have the aune x1s 10 anniversary edition as an amp/dac and my favorite types of music are movie and anime soundtracks and i also enjoy vocal music like enya lisa gerrard, also i realy like piano and violin ( the piano guys lindsey stirling) and in general all instrumental music. Also bassy music is a must. What would you guys recommended as a realy noticeable upgrade over the 400i as a side note i dont like verry bright sounding cans sibilance kills me.

Audeze LCD-2C and Schiit Asgard2.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #3 of 6
Audeze LCD-2C and Schiit Asgard2.
Literally about to recommend the exact same pair of headphones!
As to the amp, I'll leave that to others. I pair mine with an old MAC and a Violectric, and both work well. Not sure how the X1s will do with it though.

Feb 27, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #5 of 6
Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #6 of 6
I have owned the HE400i for a while after my Audeze EL8 open back broke down. Now I own a pair of HD800s. I think for openess these are the headphones to go for. For movie music I think they sound great! I love listening to The Classics of Hans Zimmer on them. Also I think Elements of Lindsey Stirling sounds great! As for bass, I know the HD800 is not known for it, but I think it might have been the biggest surprise to me, I think the bass is very accurate and well defined and I love listening to Random Access Memories of Daft Punk on them.

The LCD2s are probably the better allround pair, I personally just like the HD800s better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back