A few questions to start with headphones...
Feb 23, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #16 of 37
I've owned a pair of Grado SR-60s and Koss Porta Pro's for the last several years. The SR-60's provide an amazing level of clarity and detail for the price and can be driven quite will by an iPod. The Porta Pro's are considerably smaller and have greater - but necessarily better - bass. They are better for portable use. The Grado's leak more sound and are larger.

However, a big issue was the comfort. I just couldn't wear the SR-60's very long because they caused a sharp pain in my earlobes. I upgraded to Sennheiser 580's, which are a big jump in detail, sound stage, immersion etc. but especially in comfort. So, do consider comfort. Try the phones if you can and decide if you could wear them for an extended period.

It's also important to note that the SR-60s are very aggressive, forward headphones. I also find them quite bright. This is great for some genres of music, but for me, I found the more neutral, monitor-like sound of the 580's to be MUCH preferred. You'll have to decide what you want.

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #17 of 37
Hi jasonwc, the only problem i have is that i can not try anyone of the headphones, they doesnot exist here in uruguay, and if they exist, they wont let you try them :p

Im a litle confused now, and i just dont know what to pic up, and espeacialy concrned about the shipping time, no one say me anything about that? i would really preciate that!

mauricio

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #18 of 37
The SR-80i have more bass than the SR-60i, something which you are going to want. I listen to Metallica with my Grado's; sounds great! I reckon go for the SR-80i.

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #20 of 37
Well as I am in Australia, I cannot really recommend you many sites, as I stick to the FOR SALE forums on head-fi and go on ebay too. Audiogon.com may have some too.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #21 of 37
Any recomndation to a fast place to buy them? It has to be online, i must buy them from here (uruguay) and send them to miami in lest of 7~8 days to be shure, i dont want to make a 100 dolar gift to a hotel ¬¬

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #22 of 37
Hmm not too sure about buying them from uruguay. I don't know of any stores there. You could always try ebay and search for them in that specific location.

Feb 24, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #24 of 37
Please anybody has bought something from an online dealer? Im in a hurry, its my only chance to get a pair of cans like those for a reasonably price, my friends is arriving tomorrow to miami and i havent decide were to buy! Please please please pleeeeaseee wich one would deliver that in less of 7 days???? Please please

Feb 24, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #26 of 37
The SR-60s will sound better direct from the iPhone; the SR-80s have a 1/4" jack and will need an adapter, as they are not designed for portable use so much, and I'm pretty sure the 60s are more efficient.

There's a long iPhone sound-quality thread here that seems to agree that the iPhone sounds great un-amped, but mostly the posters were using IEMs.

Both Grados will leak a lot of sound.

Audio Advisor
might be able to ship them to you quickly, they have all the Grados
smile.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #28 of 37
Any other suggestions to where to buy? My deadline is today at 5pm est.
There are not sr60 in amazon there only are sr80, but im affraid of that should not be the most adecuate for me, they have the big plug the 1/4 i think, so, i would go for the sr60 or! If any one has another sugestions in less of 100 bucks that shoul sound really nice, please im all ears
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #29 of 37
Amazon.com: Grado Prestige Series SR-60i Padded Headphones: Electronics

Amazon does have the SR-60i, so you may still want to buy from them. If the SR-80i has a larger plug, you can pretty easily get an adaptor, which you'll probably need anyway to get into that tiny recessed jack on your iPhone.

Grado Adaptor
Amazon.com: Grado Mini Adaptor Cable - 1/4 Inch to 1/8 Inch Plug: Musical Instruments

AN adaptor you might need:
Amazon.com: Stereo Audio Adaptor for iPhone/iPod Touch (EL-1): Musical Instruments
---
As far as other sellers, I cannot comment, the only headphones I have thus far bought come from a seller who doesn't sell Grado.

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #30 of 37
Thanks! I cuoldnt find them? I just dont undertand it ways very well, i have the 3Gs so i wont need the adaptor for the Sr60 they just have the 3,5 plug, and that should be all, hope it arrive at time...
BTW there is any music store at miami that should sell them? A retail store i mean to tell him to go and just buy them? Sorry no more questions
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back