A few pics of my borrowed Beyerdynamic A1.
Jan 12, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #16 of 23
I think the exterior design distinguishes it favourably from the common headphone amplifier jewellery that too of ten is overloaded and sometimes ugly. It is worrying that many seem to suspect inferior sound quality from simple looks. Of course, we still don’t know how it sounds.

Jan 16, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by knopfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pic from Inside:
Here in this thread:
http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-110-3244.html

Thanks for posting this link.

I'm seeing no op-amps so it looks like a clean and nice discrete design ...

Jan 19, 2007 at 12:06 PM Post #19 of 23
pure and simple...
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2007 at 12:23 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisyphos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for posting this link.

I'm seeing no op-amps so it looks like a clean and nice discrete design ...

It has two socketed OPamps there, it seems to me that is an input Opamps based design, with discrete output buffers:

a13.jpg

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has two socketed OPamps there, it seems to me that is an input Opamps based design, with discrete output buffers:

Oh, I just didn't scroll down in the thread and therefore only saw the first pictures of the amp.

In the picture you posted the ICs are clearly visible ... doesn't have to be bad thing though.

The final question is: how does it sound? Jens, did you listen to it a bit more so far?

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Oh, I just didn't scroll down in the thread and therefore only saw the first pictures of the amp.

In the picture you posted the ICs are clearly visible ... doesn't have to be bad thing though.

The final question is: how does it sound? Jens, did you listen to it a bit more so far?

Of course not, and I hope that it sounds very good, to be worth that price tag, and hope we will have another good option out there...

Jan 19, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Yeah, I've been using it quite a bit this week, just letting it settle in. I'm ready for some serious listening this weekend. :)

I've tried it with a T+A SACD-player costing about $4300, so you can't complain that the source didn't do the amp justice...
:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back