A few new movies?
Oct 28, 2004 at 6:15 AM Post #16 of 21
Yeah, you gotta watch "The Last Ampmaker", I MEAN Samurai.
600smile.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 6:24 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickG
Holy crap...I just looked out my window, and my patio table and chairs are covered with hailstones. I don't even want to walk out to the parking lot to see what has happened to my new T-Bird!

This is Santa Cruz, CA....we don't have hailstorms here...

What in the hell is going on?

confused.gif

Woah. It's been storming like crazy for the last few days here in San Pedro, but man. Hail stones? I haven't seen those in quite some time.

Is your car's finish OK?

Oh, back to movie recommendations.

-Butterfly Effect (I actually liked it, once you get past "Dude, where's my car?" Dude)

-28 Days Later (if you haven't seen this one yet, fresh Euro take on Zombie flicks)

-Dawn of the Dead (Remake, which was inspired by 28 Days Later)

-Catch Me if you Can (not a big Leo fan, but I liked the movie)

For laughs:
-Starsky and Hutch
-Dodgeball (I'm a big Ben Stiller fan)

-Ed

Oct 28, 2004 at 12:05 PM Post #18 of 21
hey Rick -

Here's something different...

If you even only like art, this is a great easy to watch movie that sort of feels like a visit to a museum - kinda quiet, tremendously beautiful -

Is sort of the story of Vermeer, Dutch Painter, shot through the eyes of a model's life (the model in the famous painting of the same name)

"The Girl with the Pearl Earring"

- will earn you some major points with your main squeeze, and it is like a whole movie of art scenes/painings by the master...

Oct 28, 2004 at 1:34 PM Post #19 of 21
Can't remember if both of these movies came out in the last year but I think they did:
David Mamet's "Spartan" with Val Kilmer
"Identity" with John Cusack
Both are in the thriller/suspense category. Both are in the you don't know who's who or what's what until the end. Both probably require a second viewing to see if you missed anything the first time around, and to see if the director played fair with you. In both cases I think the director gave you enough to figure them out if you are smart enough. I wasn't, and was surprised by both. Another movie of this type is "Memento", but it came out quite a while ago on DVD and you've probably already seen it.

Oct 28, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy
hey Rick -

Here's something different...

If you even only like art, this is a great easy to watch movie that sort of feels like a visit to a museum - kinda quiet, tremendously beautiful -

Is sort of the story of Vermeer, Dutch Painter, shot through the eyes of a model's life (the model in the famous painting of the same name)

"The Girl with the Pearl Earring"

- will earn you some major points with your main squeeze, and it is like a whole movie of art scenes/painings by the master...

Not to be mistaken with the movie "The Girl with the Pearl Neckla......"
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Oct 28, 2004 at 9:58 PM Post #21 of 21
Thanks for all the recommendations, guys. I've got a long list of movies in my Netflix queue now.

BTW, my T-Bird is OK. Fortunately, the hail was pea size as opposed to golf ball size. I had no damage to my townhouse roof/skylights or car. However, it was loud and scary. I don't want to do that again.
eek.gif

Once again, thanks for the suggestions. Keep 'em coming if you feel like it.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back