A Fat Envelope from MIT
Mar 16, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #2 of 67
Congratulations!

Funny how you can tell what letters from college mean purely on it's mass.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Mar 16, 2005 at 11:32 PM Post #4 of 67
Congrats! I bet your essay to get in was as follows-

"See the "E" in "META42"? Yeah. That's me. Let me in, suckas."

Mar 16, 2005 at 11:36 PM Post #6 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Congrats! I bet your essay to get in was as follows-

"See the "E" in "META42"? Yeah. That's me. Let me in, suckas."

Nah, I thought "suckas" would be a bit too strong. "Kids" was just what I was looking for...
tongue.gif

(though, if you want to read what I actually wrote, I posted one of the short essays on my MIT blog several months ago, at the very bottom: http://blogs.mit.edu/eric%20schmiedl/ )

Mar 16, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #8 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Congrats on getting accepted, great to hear that all these years of hard work is paying off. Best wishes in your future studies.

Thanks, but... hard work? I've been having way too much fun these past few years to claim it's been 'hard work'
biggrin.gif

I will say one thing. A substantial percentage of the items on my application were directly or indirectly inspired by Head-Fi -- thank YOU guys!

Mar 16, 2005 at 11:43 PM Post #9 of 67
Nice Grand Cayman blurb - I faintly recall writing about how Earth is actually Gaia, a near-sentient living organism which we are screwing up with pollution and such. Man, my college let anyone in.

Mar 16, 2005 at 11:52 PM Post #10 of 67
Congratulations dude!

Now be prepared for the most strenuous work that you will ever experience in a lifetime!
tongue.gif

I hope engineering is what you're out for -- it wasn't for me, so I'm transfering.

But, it will be one of the best things that ever happened to you once you graduate. Just remember to work hard and put your work first. They take everything here very seriously.

Again, congratulations and welcome to MIT-Fi
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2005 at 12:03 AM Post #11 of 67
Congrats, boston is a great city. I really enjoyed my 4 years there. Although I won't comment on my experiences with mit parties...

Mar 17, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #13 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
Congrats, boston is a great city. I really enjoyed my 4 years there. Although I won't comment on my experiences with mit parties...

Please comment! In the next few months I have to make a decision, and any and all experiences and information [positive and negative] are VERY welcome.

[ed: Same goes for you, Aman!]

Mar 17, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #14 of 67
Hey Eric, cool news! I've been wondering about how you've been doing lately. Don't see you post much anymore. Now I'll know someone in Boston, and since Cayman Airways is doing weekly direct flights, a visit to MIT may be in order... although I'm not sure I'd even be smart enough to find the campus, let alone set foot on it.

Mar 17, 2005 at 12:14 AM Post #15 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Hey Eric, cool news! I've been wondering about how you've been doing lately. Don't see you post much anymore. Now I'll know someone in Boston, and since Cayman Airways is doing weekly direct flights, a visit to MIT may be in order... although I'm not sure I'd even be smart enough to find the campus, let alone set foot on it.

Wayne,
Hehe... no worries. (you're correct in that I don't visit Head-Fi nearly as much as I used to; blame it on other things in life stealing my attention.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back