A deep track that really made my day
Dec 21, 2008 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Fetou

100+ Head-Fier
A song from a relatively unknown album by a band member of Jefferson Airplane named Jorma.

It's available to listen to on Rhapsody if you have any free plays left. It is called Song for the North Star :

Free Music: Quah by Jorma Kaukonen - Rhapsody Online

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #2 of 5
You discovered Jorma Kaukonen. I picked up his Blue Country Heart SACD some time back and have enjoyed it immensely. Check out the rest of his work - you'll love it. Jorma deserves more attention than he usually gets.

Dec 25, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #5 of 5
Cool Fetou! I'm always happy to hear about someone stumbling upon great stuff. Quah is a really nice album. The opening track Genesis is another favorite of mine. Jorma is one of the great finger pickers in the world, and I love his vocals...

For anyone with a turntable, if you ever see a copy of the album (Grunt Records BFL1-0209) certainly pick it up. (Just about everything recorded at Wally Heider's during the earlier 70's is a safe bet.)

BTW Fetou, you may be familiar already, but just in case, if you like a more electric approach, check out the Hot Tuna albums. I'd recommend Burgers as a start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back