A Deal? A Steal?? Or A Screw???
Jan 21, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #16 of 25
Not a deal, steal or screw. Just sheer genius, DocHamm. Well spotted, well bid, well secured. Congrats and I hope you enjoy all of them for many years to come.

Jan 21, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #17 of 25
Either a bloody good steal, or a complete screw.
eek.gif
Be sure to report what items you receive.

Jan 21, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #18 of 25
It's good to know I got a good deal. The only pair of those headphones I had previously listened to were the PX100. I was actually going to order a pair from Amazon but ran across the auction and figured why not? I could wait another day to see if I got lucky and then order from Amazon if not.

I am very pleased with them all, except still working on the Altec's. I sent Altec an email about the eartips and I got a response saying they will send me replacements, so we shall see.

I have learned to be patient and that's what really got me this deal .. not buying the PX100 earlier and missing this auction. I've already missed way too many deals here on head-fi but keep hoping the right one will come up and I will get lucky.

Currently I only have one headphone amp but I hope to change that this year, if all goes well. I actually had money to buy a new source/dac, amp and highend heaphones but ended up spending it on my Wolfgang. No regrets, just have to be patient till I again have funds, which may be a while.

Jan 21, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #19 of 25
I would have payed $35 for the ALs alone. The others would have just been a bonus that I could sell to make back the money I spent on the Altecs. Nice find.

Jan 22, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #24 of 25
Woot! Altec replied to my email saying they will provide me with new eartips! Can't wait to get them so I can hear the iM616's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #25 of 25
The PX-100s are worth $35, even if you could find them cheaper used elsewhere.

--Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back