A Cure for Tinnitus??
Jul 28, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 50
Yeah that is interesting... I am not an expert so I don't know if it is true or not. I do experience tinnitus on occasion. I have really bad allergies and I take prednisone as an immunosuppressant but I have not noticed any improvements for experiencing tinnitus. It seems like the frequency of hearing ringing in my ears is the same whether with my meds or without.

Jul 28, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #5 of 50
Jul 28, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #6 of 50
Interesting article. There is a great deal of speculation on the causes of Tinnitus, but I rarely see actual research. Sad considering there are over 50 million sufferers. I hope they do find a cure and in my lifetime. I'd like to hear the music clean one last time.

Jul 28, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #7 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by billybob_jcv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I stopped reading when I noticed this was also on his website:
Dr. James Howenstine -- Why You Should Avoid Taking Vaccines

That's just plain irresponsible. Assuming he's really a board certified medical doctor, he should have his license revoked.

Like any other technology, vaccines are not without their problems, including causing the very disease they are intended to protect against. However, you are not told this by the usual outlets of information, and the reason is the usual one: $$$. The vaccine manufacturers have now obtained blanket protection from lawsuits, and I must assume they need it.

Failure to read Dr. Howenstine's arguments is irresponsible, especially when you question his licensure.

I will die before I pollute my body with that <stuff> again...

Jul 28, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #8 of 50
We've had this discussion before...
smily_headphones1.gif

I really don't want to go down the world conspiracy road again - neither of us is going to budge from our lofty pedestals. I'm out.
beerchug.gif

Jul 28, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #9 of 50
I've always thought that Head-Fi needs a forum like "The Lightning Round" over at AMDMB (I still refuse to call them PCPer). It would provide a good outlet for debates while keeping other forums clean of them.

Jul 28, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #10 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like any other technology, vaccines are not without their problems, including causing the very disease they are intended to protect against. However, you are not told this by the usual outlets of information, and the reason is the usual one: $$$. The vaccine manufacturers have now obtained blanket protection from lawsuits, and I must assume they need it.

Failure to read Dr. Howenstine's arguments is irresponsible, especially when you question his licensure.

I will die before I pollute my body with that <stuff> again...

I remember walking in Cemetery in Boston once. I was surprised reading the epitaphs: dear so and so died at age 7 of the measles, dear so and so died at age 9 of smallpox, dear so and so died at age 5 of rubella....you get the picture. We really forgot how it was before vaccines and now have the luxury of thinking they are not worth it.

Jul 28, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #11 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember walking in Cemetery in Boston once. I was surprised reading the epitaphs: dear so and so died at age 7 of the measles, dear so and so died at age 9 of smallpox, dear so and so died at age 5 of rubella....you get the picture. We really forgot how it was before vaccines and now have the luxury of thinking they are not worth it.

Exactly.

Jul 28, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #12 of 50
Jul 28, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #13 of 50
With vaccines, they obviously have downsides for a small number of people, some serious, and any decent GP will make you aware of these. And having had 10 years in the pharma industry myself some years ago, I can't hold with any conspiracy theories regarding drug companies. If vaccine makers are immune from litigation, it's because the information to take them or not is freely and widely available, and is personal choice.

But the bigger picture is that millions do get vaccinated, and take whatever small risks there, which is to the benefit of all those who choose not to. If we all chose not to, those diseases would return.

And I'm with billy, any medico that doesn't provide a balanced view of known, tested, and fully validated medicine shouldn't be practising. So his paper on tinnitus is probably not worth the paper it was written on.

Jul 28, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #14 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by billybob_jcv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I stopped reading when I noticed this was also on his website:
Dr. James Howenstine -- Why You Should Avoid Taking Vaccines

That's just plain irresponsible. Assuming he's really a board certified medical doctor, he should have his license revoked.

Without being so forward, I thought the same thing.

When I started having hearing loss, I went to my dad who basically explained that any and all damage(read:tinnitus) is undoubtedly permanent, and if(some people) it fades, it would take a good amount of time.

And really? There is no "cure" for tinnitus. I know people that suffer on a daily basis from a tinnitus that affects their day to day lives. It's not as easy as taking some vitamins.

*sigh for internet medicine.

Jul 28, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #15 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, I'm very well aware of that. Vaccines have been a great blessing, just not a 100% blessing. In the case of attenuated live virus vaccines, they can mutate, especially in hot climates, and cause the very disease they were intended to prevent. It has happened. Add to that the mercury-based preservates and squalene, and a little caution is advisable. Pay your nickel and make your choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back