A Couple of Hypotheses
Jul 29, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #16 of 18
Maybe you only heard the veil originally because other people said it was there. That happens. It also may be that you were used to bright headphones and the Senns sounded dull in comparison, but actually the others were too bright, it wasn't that the Senns were dull. It also could be you've become accustomed to the Senns.

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #17 of 18
I never heard of the Sennheiser Veil until after using the Sennheiser HD 6xx and finding that rock music sounded "muffled", so I looked it up. I haven't noticed it with other Senns, and I quickly got used to it. I don't even see it as a veil anymore.
I have seen people latch on to a bad recording or two and be dissatisfied that their system only reproduces 90% or so of their music to a level that they feel it should.....equipment sometimes gets blamed for bad recordings of good music.Its easy to become obsessed with a recording you want to be better.

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #18 of 18
Maybe you only heard the veil originally because other people said it was there. That happens. It also may be that you were used to bright headphones and the Senns sounded dull in comparison, but actually the others were too bright, it wasn't that the Senns were dull. It also could be you've become accustomed to the Senns.
Audio salesman tactic....compare a bright speaker with a "dull" speaker...in the short term listening experience the bright speaker seems more impressive. ....long term it may be that the "dull" speaker is actually more neutral and accurate to the source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back