A Cheap Amp to go between an iPod and M-Audio AV-40s?
Jul 26, 2011 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Melanter

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for a cheap amp to go between my iPod Classic and M-Audio AV-40s.  Something under $75.  In terms of music I listen to classic, bluesy rock and hip hop.  I'd like a warm, clear, energetic, big sound... if it's possible to be picky at this price range.  Just listening to them in a living room of an apartment if that matters.

Jul 27, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 6
Um, I don't really know what kind of amp requirements the AV40 have, but at <$75 I have tried JDS Labs' CMoyBB and Gary's PA2V2. Both are a little warm in terms of signature. Never noted whether they helped sound get "bigger" or more energetic though.

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #4 of 6
There's a number of cmoys currently available on ebay which may suit your needs...all under $100. Headfonia recommends the JDS Labs; biosciencegeek puts out a good product; fred_fred_2004 from Australia has a variety of units available at different price levels and in differing configurations.  You should also be able to get a used Headstage Lyrix in the same price range. These are all decent first amps for the novice.  Good luck with your search! 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back