A change in atmosphere?
Mar 9, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
It's rather when people start telling others what to do or what not to do like they had absolute authority.

I don't mean to be confrontational, McFean, but weren't you aware that sort of talk is frowned upon here? You see, most members haven't the authority to complain of absolute authority. To illustrate, I've just sent you several PMs outlining my views on conflict avoidance, impassioned bone conduction and corporate foreplay, as well as a jpg of me sniffing my new canalphones thoughtfully. No, I'm not a moderator, but I sure as hell know as much as they do -- after all, I'm a certified cat chiropractor. I'm also an expert on tactical combat and how to outrun it.

While we're on the subject of self-improvement, you might want to do something about that unsightly genital rash, which is far too visible in your avatar. Consider eating more orange vegetables, not shaving down there and limiting your listening sessions to light Vivaldi.

Mar 9, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #17 of 21
I'm hungry

people come and go. those the least mature usually have the shortest stay.

Mar 9, 2005 at 5:19 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
Maybe they are hiding in the secret "Outside" forum.

Or maybe because 'outside' was closed down.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2005 at 10:51 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Maybe they are hiding in the secret "Outside" forum.

Or in my case just having other things to do right now than babysit but since it IS my job and I took on the responsibility it is me slacking of late.

The incivility comes and goes and from my vantage point far far away it is a boredom thing.

winter,hottest part of the summer,bad weather,volcanoes...........

Anything that keeps us inside and online rather than outdside and enjoying life.sit in front of a computer monitor for hours on end every day and any normal person can not help but get a bit snarly !

That is why it is always a good idea to impose your own limits and force breaks if you are the type that gets "lost" while posting and before you know it the day is all shot to hell.

just my opinion folks,don't get all snarly on me
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2005 at 11:23 PM Post #20 of 21
The occasional "what's the best DAP" wars annoy me, but overall, I think that Head-Fi's been a pretty good place. There have been some changes I suppose, but what I don't understand is why threads like these always pop up every month or so.

Mar 9, 2005 at 11:35 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

but what I don't understand is why threads like these always pop up every month or so.

Because we allow them to. And you are correct, they've been cropping up on a regular basis ever since Head-Fi started nearly 4 years ago, so it's really nothing new. IMO it's more to do with individual member's perspectives changing rather than an actual change in Head-fi's overall "friendliness". If you focus on any given aspect of posts/threads, it can easily change your perspective.... i.e.: look for harmony and you will find it .... look for conflict and you will also find it. Sort of the glass is half empty/half full thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back