A change in atmosphere?
Mar 8, 2005 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Feanor

1000+ Head-Fier
It seems to me (even as a relatively new member) that the general atmosphere on head-fi has changed in the past months, and not in a positive direction. Any thoughts? When I joined, this was an incredibly friendly forum, but I see a decrease in tolerance lately. Is it just that I am seeing a larger picture now, and there are no real changes?

Mar 8, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #3 of 21
i love being a misrable and angry person who posts strange replies, both imposing, and awkward enough for a thread to die nearly instaneously.

It's my drive and pleasure to be this pervasive bacteria here that distrubs headfi and makes it a muck filled disaster!

(sorry, had to say it).

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:01 AM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
i love being a misrable and angry person who posts strange replies, both imposing, and awkward enough for a thread to die nearly instaneously.

It's my drive and pleasure to be this pervasive bacteria here that distrubs headfi and makes it a muck filled disaster!

(sorry, had to say it).

Are you referring to me, or yourself?
confused.gif

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:02 AM Post #5 of 21
This topic comes up every month or so, but for once I have to agree.

I seems like most of the veterans have given up trying to combat the "tough-guy internet youth."

Maybe they are hiding in the secret "Outside" forum.

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:05 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
Kirosia

Needless to say... mois.

You're not that bad. We all act like a**holes at one time or another. Just read some of my old posts . . .

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:09 AM Post #8 of 21
You just have to wait until the new headphones & amps come out. Then the hype goes up, everyone gets worked up into a lather and then it settles back for awhile.

This veteran stays out of the headphone and amp sections so he won't be sucked into the hype and be tempted by all sorts of goodies. After awhile you give up on upgrading and you just enjoy what you have.

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:26 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg

(sorry, had to say it).

Dude, nothing wrong with your posts. It's rather when people start telling others what to do or what not to do like they had absolute authority. I see a lot of fresh big egos lacking anything of value.

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
This veteran stays out of the headphone and amp sections so he won't be sucked into the hype and be tempted by all sorts of goodies. After awhile you give up on upgrading and you just enjoy what you have.

At this point I kinda stay out of everything that's not in the "general" section...I'm a lounge-lizard with occasional "what are you listening to" posts.

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Yeah there's an influx of some post-whore newb types, but they tend to come and go. The trick is not to get sucked into they playground posturing, like I did.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ahhhh the hell hole that is the "funny headphone review" thread.

I feel im partially responsible for sending it down its decent into stupidity, but whatcha gonna do?

I'll play nicer next time, I swears it!

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:49 AM Post #14 of 21
Maybe it is because THERE ARE THREADS LIKE THIS CONSTANTLY

but maybe not

sorry but it was necessary

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
Perhaps it's you who have changed and became less friendly and tolerant ... not Head-Fi.
smily_headphones1.gif

Perhaps.
tongue.gif
(altough perhaps I need to work on my writing skills a bit. I did not mean to be that harsh)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back