A Brief Introduction to MQA and FiiO's Support for MQA--From @FiiO Willson
Mar 18, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #16 of 30
put me down as liking MQA and me liking Fiio and ifi and topping products that support MQA... I am a Tidal subscriber and when MQA was first introduced it seems they streamed music that was very well recorded and the songs sounded great... I assume they did this so there were no songs being released that would sound bad and the MQA get blamed for a bad recording... but, I pay for Tidal.. Tidal streams MQA and I want to get my money worth so I buy equipment that allows me to listen to MQA streams..
simple... isn't it..
Thanks to equipment producers like Fiio for the opportunity to listen to MQA music....

What probably should have been added to the Introduction to MQA writeup is the fact that if you don't have MQA compliant hardware/software then the files play back perfectly as FLAC files...

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #17 of 30
I am not a proponent of MQA by any stretch, although I do use Tidal so I have some MQA capable gear, but those statements are simply not true. At the very least, they are just your opinion. The ire and vitriol instigated by any mention of MQA always amazes me. Like dude said a few posts up: IT'S A CODEC. Get over it. Buy it or don't, and get on with your life.
Indeed. The intolerance demonstrated towards such a trivial topic as a codec - especially when consumers have a choice of services and hardware - is very instructive in itself.

Mar 19, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #24 of 30
The word rapist can be used in many many different connotations... some people reading this might not understand this... I don't see an issue... MQA is fine...

Mar 19, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #25 of 30
The word rapist can be used in many many different connotations...

No. Stop. You are going to upset a lot of people for whom that word has incredibly ugly connotations and meaning. Just don’t go there.

Move along everyone. Nothing to see here. Please, just please focus on the product.

Mar 20, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #26 of 30
Bruh it's a codec and people are getting emotional. If you like it then go ahead and be happy but if you don't like it just don't use it simple as that. Objectively speaking there's an argument that MQA is worse than flac, but this hobby is subjective so whatever, but when a company makes false advertisment that's a problem for everyone.

Mar 21, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #27 of 30
For me is MQA dead since apple music went lossless and for the family price is unbeatable.

Mar 21, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #28 of 30
i've always been baffled by the amount of (always negative) emotion invested in what is essentially a codec. Yes, it's patented, but in a wildly capitalist world that's hardly unique. Yes, their executives seem to have behaved like :poop: at at least one occasion, but surely that pales in comparison to most other common corporate misdeeds. There are so many things i care about in this world - but a codec is not one of them. I just want my gear to support it as best as possible to not restrict my options when listening to music. Easy.
Yes. I want the option to use it if i choose, but also want the option to evaluate whether it's just hype or not.

Mar 22, 2022 at 1:13 AM Post #30 of 30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back