A book on hi-fi
Sep 4, 2011 at 3:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

NepWK

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for a book to get started with hi-fi. Did a forum search and an amazon search.
The books I found wasn't what I was really looking, handbooks were too specialized and other books treated simple electrical laws like they were vodoo. I'm looking for something between, something can guide me to build my own setup and explain the science behind.

Any advices?
Thanks

Sep 5, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 7
Along a similar line, any books on the basics of tube circuitry? (specifically audio), my physics and engineering classes won't cover vacuum tube electronics.

Sep 5, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
Along a similar line, any books on the basics of tube circuitry? (specifically audio), my physics and engineering classes won't cover vacuum tube electronics.

http://www.vacuumtubes.net/How_Vacuum_Tubes_Work.htm

Was a good guide for me, but I'm ME rather than EE, so only have the basic understanding of electronics.

Sep 5, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #5 of 7
I'm just a sophomore, so I also have only a basic understanding of circuits. Hahaha, thanks!

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
I'm just a sophomore, so I also have only a basic understanding of circuits. Hahaha, thanks!

I've only done an intro to Electronics along with Electronic systems design. So, I'm still pretty layman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back