A-10 Thunderbolt ll, Fully Balanced Electrostatic Amp/Pre-Amp
Apr 7, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #50 of 119
Hey, Ray, it's Brandon Avery... I just talked to you on the phone. Sign me up for one of the first ten amps!!! I've been waiting for this one for a long time, I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Apr 7, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #51 of 119
Is there any word on price? Or did I miss that?

Thanks!

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #52 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, Ray, it's Brandon Avery... I just talked to you on the phone. Sign me up for one of the first ten amps!!! I've been waiting for this one for a long time, I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Have you heard one yet?

Apr 8, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #53 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any word on price? Or did I miss that?

I can't remember having seen a price listed yet, so I don't think you (we) have missed it.
The B-52 are priced in at $5,350, and I think we can expect the A-10 to be in about the same price area.

Apr 8, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #54 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you heard one yet?

No, but Ray's stuff has always impressed me as the best of the best. I owned the B-52 (I only sold it because I stopped listening to dynamics) and still own the XR-10B phono stage, and they are both amazing pieces of equipment.

The reason I've been waiting for this amp is that none of the other high end electrostatic amps have worked out for me. The stock Stax amp was unimpressive. I had put my name on the Blue Hawaii list, but dropped off once it became apparent that the waiting time was probably going to be years, not months. I ordered a Rudistor Egmont, which was the best sounding amp I've ever heard, but it stopped working after a couple of months. I got talked into ordering a Rudistor Coriolan as a replacement (there was a "mea culpa" discount, so I figured I should jump on it) and it NEVER worked. I won't order a Singlepower amp (economic Russian Roulette doesn't appeal to me), so that's out of question. I bought a Kevin Gilmore Solid State and it's only a slight improvement over the stock Stax amp; it's got better bass, but otherwise is pretty much an average amp (I really can't understand why some people rave about it... I guess to each their own).

I don't expect anything other than near perfection from the A-10.

Apr 8, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #55 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't remember having seen a price listed yet, so I don't think you (we) have missed it.
The B-52 are priced in at $5,350, and I think we can expect the A-10 to be in about the same price area.

Ray said the price will be on his website in a couple of days. Yes, I know what it is, but I don't want to give it out without his permission.

Apr 13, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #58 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is up on his website but I didn't see a price on his "Buy Now" link.

Emmeline II, The A-10, Electrostatic Vacuum Tube Heaphone Amp - Ray Samuels Audio

Neither did I... that's why I called him. He told me that if you want one of the first ten (he always discounts the first batch) to just post something to that effect on this link and he will contact you when payment is due. He told me his delivery estimate was within three months. If you want a quote on the price, just call him. As I said, I know what it is (it's a fairly competitive price... not cheap, but not as outrageous as some brands), but business etiquette dictates that I don't give it out publicly until it's in print.

Apr 14, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #59 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by papomaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, took me three hours of searching to find it :

300px-A-10_Thunderbolt_II_In-flight-2.jpg

I was wondering if Ray has add special things or cool stories to say about it.

A-10 Thunderbolt and the A-10 Warthog are the same plane. In US military call it Warthog, rest of the world call it Thunderbolt. Jane's report call it Thunderbolt too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back