AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Apr 1, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #3,316 of 3,539
Regret is for sleepless nights, I buy whatever Aür is selling just because I trust Abel's tuning and so far every iem gives different feels.
That was what I was thinking. But I only have 2, so, much of it is guesswork. Doesn't seem like Aur has ever released a dud.

Apr 1, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #3,317 of 3,539
Regret is for sleepless nights, I buy whatever Aür is selling just because I trust Abel's tuning and so far every iem gives different feels.
Curiosity about the novel drivers will definitely get the best of me. Far from tired of Ascension at this point though.

And as a man once said about regret, "it's better to regret something you have done, than to regret something you haven't done. And by the way, if you see your mom this weekend, would you be sure and tell her...

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #3,319 of 3,539
With 3 switches Aetha will give many feels. :nerd:
It does get rather crowded. Otherwise, it's bearable.
photo5964321200652004626.jpg

Apr 1, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #3,320 of 3,539
It's weird how pricing works in this hobby. Not any different from other hobbies, I guess, but it's much more difficult to objectively find the excuse for doubling, tripling, etc. the price than elsewhere.
Would you buy a fog, a London mist caught in a bottle?

What's the difference... the market dictates value...

Manufacturers calculate the price based on how much people would pay for a product, not on whether the product is worth this or that much.

How many "good" stuff were discontinued because the market said NO?
They didn't make money from it, so they were discontinued, not because they stopped thinking they were good.

If you are in a desert, you need water; otherwise, you will die.

And someone appears out of nowhere and offers you a bag with $10 mil or a bottle of water that would save your life.
Which one would you take?

Hmm, it seems that that bottle is worth more than $10 mil :)

I'm sure you know the saying, "One man's trash is another man's treasure."

You who love Aur so much raise the value of their IEMs.
Try not to like them so much, let them hear you, that you would not buy the next if they don't lower the price :)

Nah...you would not do that...

Everything works like that. Sheep syndrome :wink:

Hey...but you know this already.

Cheers!

Apr 1, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #3,321 of 3,539

Manufacturers calculate the price based on how much people would pay for a product, not on whether the product is worth this or that much.

How many "good" stuff were discontinued because the market said NO?
They didn't make money from it, so they were discontinued, not because they stopped thinking they were good.

If you are in a desert, you need water; otherwise, you will die.

And someone appears out of nowhere and offers you a bag with $10 mil or a bottle of water that would save your life.
Which one would you take?

Hmm, it seems that that bottle is worth more than $10 mil :)

I'm sure you know the saying, "One man's trash is another man's treasure."

You who love Aur so much raise the value of their IEMs.
Try not to like them so much, let them hear you, that you would not buy the next if they don't lower the price :)

Nah...you would not do that...

Everything works like that. Sheep syndrome :wink:

Hey...but you know this already.

Cheers!
Yes in general and maybe not in this case. The parts cost does look, on paper at least, higher then np or ascension.

Apr 1, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #3,322 of 3,539

True.

But in this case there was a query raised before the launch to gauge people's thoughts on possible cost. Not one was correct as far as I remember - majority guessed (well) over 1200USD.

That would surely mean AüR could put the price at ~1149USD and still sell well if they were to play the game you suggested.

<1kUSD is a very agressive price and if Aehta turns out to be a marvel, AüR is an established brand.

Apr 1, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #3,324 of 3,539
I also ordered one. Given how much I enjoy my Ascension and UM Red Halo (with BCD), it is too hard to resist getting a iem with BCD from Aur audio at a reasonable price. Furthermore, the Aehta's drivers and switches seem to cover all grounds. Hopefully with Abel's tuning, it can still be very coherent.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 4:27 AM Post #3,325 of 3,539
I didn't think it was possible. The Ascension sounds even better on the Xduoo Pro with the ESS card and Sparkos opamps.

The separation is amazing. EDM, specifically Hardwell's new song 16. The basslines were just swimming around me. Lost Frequencies - Leave You In the Past is another mind boggling one.

IMG_6645.jpeg

Apr 2, 2024 at 6:01 AM Post #3,326 of 3,539
Gorgeous, enjoy it. But you need to find white tips to go with the aesthetic.
Thanks, I've switched to transparent sedna shorts. Thaht's the best I can do :dt880smile:
Wow that's a nice cable, what's the name of it?

It looks like a Xinhs cable. Probably done by this.
Yep, seems like it. You can find the cable on A.Ex under xinsh or something like that. They mispelled the brand so that's why you wont find it by typing Xinhs.

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #3,327 of 3,539
Thanks, I've switched to transparent sedna shorts. Thaht's the best I can do :dt880smile:

Yep, seems like it. You can find the cable on A.Ex under xinsh or something like that. They mispelled the brand so that's why you wont find it by typing Xinhs.
I assume this is the one. Looks very similar to your picture. Anyways, thanks for the name. Heard good things about Xinhs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240402_170942_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_170942_AliExpress.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 0
Apr 2, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #3,328 of 3,539
The first Aehta statement

NOTE: The IEM has never been used, so no burn in. Stock tips and stock cable.

This is a bassy IEM. Unlike the other offerings. It is a very mids and lows centric IEM.

What switches to throw on depends on the source.

On the XD05 Pro, having the bass and mids on, but the treble switched off is the best setting for my ears. The treble never hits the extended ranges I often get on the Ascension and Neon Pro. Like a warm headphone. Hard hitting bass, forward vocals, but no treble extension. Perfect for western taste and treble sensitivity.

On the iBasso DX260, All the switches on is very engaging. This source is bright and clinical. The staging is big and the treble with the switch on hits pretty high and airy. Bass is tamed down. For those familiar with the Elysian style tuning. Spacious, vocals centric, and airy treble. At 1/4 the price. This is my preference.

At certain frequencies, you can hear the texture of the BC. Mostly in the mids. It's subtle. Not fatiguing like the Mest. Male vocals, acoustic and bass guitars are very engaging. Kick drums are particularly nice.

Female vocals are more normal. It's not bad. Just not as engaging as the male one.

It is bassy, but not so big it's bleeding into the mids. At least not on my sources so far.

Rock, metal, modern pop, EDM. From Metallica to Taylor Swift. Everything sounds great.

I have yet to find it incoherent. Though having so many types of drivers, at some point I will surely make that comment. Maybe on the DX260 the treble does sound a wee bit disconnected on certain tracks if I am nitpicking. It's not even Monarch III levels, so no need for alarm.

Nutshell

The sound signature changes with the source. A lot. Like another IEM altogether.

Bass and mids centric. But not bass so big, it recesses everything else.

No bass bleed.

Works great with many genres.

Don't expect the BC to vibrate like a sex toy.

Last Comments

I guess all Aur IEMs are good IEMs. This one is going to be another winner. Those who are less concerned with dollars and nagging wives will want this one. The sound connoisseurs will need it in the collection. If you never owned an Aur. The Ascension is a great place to start. If your life is all about the bass. Then you definitely want this one, but it will be less of a general purpose compared to the Ascension.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #3,329 of 3,539
The first Aehta statement

NOTE: The IEM has never been used, so no burn in. Stock tips and stock cable.

This is a bassy IEM. Unlike the other offerings. It is a very mids and lows centric IEM.

What switches to throw on depends on the source.

On the XD05 Pro, having the bass and mids on, but the treble switched off is the best setting for my ears. The treble never hits the extended ranges I often get on the Ascension and Neon Pro. Like a warm headphone. Hard hitting bass, forward vocals, but no treble extension. Perfect for western taste and treble sensitivity.

On the iBasso DX260, All the switches on is very engaging. This source is bright and clinical. The staging is big and the treble with the switch on hits pretty high and airy. Bass is tamed down. For those familiar with the Elysian style tuning. Spacious, vocals centric, and airy treble. At 1/4 the price. This is my preference.

At certain frequencies, you can hear the texture of the BC. Mostly in the mids. It's subtle. Not fatiguing like the Mest. Male vocals, acoustic and bass guitars are very engaging. Kick drums are particularly nice.

Female vocals are more normal. It's not bad. Just not as engaging as the male one.

It is bassy, but not so big it's bleeding into the mids. At least not on my sources so far.

Rock, metal, modern pop, EDM. From Metallica to Taylor Swift. Everything sounds great.

I have yet to find it incoherent. Though having so many types of drivers, at some point I will surely make that comment. Maybe on the DX260 the treble does sound a wee bit disconnected on certain tracks if I am nitpicking. It's not even Monarch III levels, so no need for alarm.

Nutshell

The sound signature changes with the source. A lot. Like another IEM altogether.

Bass and mids centric. But not bass so big, it recesses everything else.

No bass bleed.

Works great with many genres.

Don't expect the BC to vibrate like a sex toy.

Last Comments

I guess all Aur IEMs are good IEMs. This one is going to be another winner. Those who are less concerned with dollars and nagging wives will want this one. The sound connoisseurs will need it in the collection. If you never owned an Aur. The Ascension is a great place to start. If your life is all about the bass. Then you definitely want this one, but it will be less of a general purpose compared to the Ascension.
Thanks for the quick impressions. Glad I haven't regretted my purchase on the Ascension despite dealing few of it's issues (thankfully not AüR's fault, but that's a different story lol).

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #3,330 of 3,539
Thanks for the quick impressions. Glad I haven't regretted my purchase on the Ascension despite dealing few of it's issues (thankfully not AüR's fault, but that's a different story lol).
If I have to recommend one. I will go with the Ascension first. It is IMHO priced too low. Aur's loss, your gain.

BTW. You have anything to use in the meantime? I can send you something to tide over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back