AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Apr 1, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #3,301 of 3,539
Apr 1, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #3,303 of 3,539
well they were quick releasing this. I have a gut feeling that it is worth waiting another 6-9 months for a new flagship.
Aetha is still priced under Alita.
Depends what you want, the rumoured Allusion is far away. And it will be quite different config than this, same with Alita being more costly isn't liked by more than what Neon Pro is. Not always price is a indication if something is better or not, very personal what we like.

For me its something like this
  1. Ascension
  2. Alita
  3. Aurora
  4. Neon Pro
  5. Aure

Apr 1, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #3,304 of 3,539
Order already placed. This will be my third Aur monitor. Which will be the most of one brand that I own. Still far behind many who own every single model.

Apr 1, 2024 at 6:38 AM Post #3,305 of 3,539
Not sure if I am hearing it right. Please standby.

imrs.php.png

Apr 1, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #3,306 of 3,539
A test unit of Aehta might arrive tomorrow. I live 10 minutes from Nicholas. I should be able to get my hands on it for a test drive. Not sure how long one will need to test 8 configs.
IMG_6621.PNG

Apr 1, 2024 at 6:51 AM Post #3,307 of 3,539
A test unit of Aehta might arrive tomorrow. I live 10 minutes from Nicholas. I should be able to get my hands on it for a test drive. Not sure how long one will need to test 8 configs.
IMG_6621.PNG
Cool! Now i can't sleep either 😂😂😂

Apr 1, 2024 at 6:56 AM Post #3,308 of 3,539
Depends what you want, the rumoured Allusion is far away. And it will be quite different config than this, same with Alita being more costly isn't liked by more than what Neon Pro is. Not always price is a indication if something is better or not, very personal what we like.

For me its something like this
  1. Ascension
  2. Alita
  3. Aurora
  4. Neon Pro
  5. Aure
yes, but I really wanna see what is going to be the vision for the 'flagship'. Something so good that Abel will think is justified to ask at least 2x the price of Ascension or NP.

Another thing is that I'm not a collector. I try to make purchases once a couple of years.

And resale value on Ascension will drop now, given that Aetha will probably be better, more versatile only for like $250 more. And after the flagship release hype around Aetha will probably subside and then it will be tough to resell as well.

But this is definitely a 'me' issue.

Apr 1, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #3,310 of 3,539
yes, but I really wanna see what is going to be the vision for the 'flagship'. Something so good that Abel will think is justified to ask at least 2x the price of Ascension or NP.

Another thing is that I'm not a collector. I try to make purchases once a couple of years.

And resale value on Ascension will drop now, given that Aetha will probably be better, more versatile only for like $250 more. And after the flagship release hype around Aetha will probably subside and then it will be tough to resell as well.

But this is definitely a 'me' issue.
It's weird how pricing works in this hobby. Not any different from other hobbies, I guess, but it's much more difficult to objectively find the excuse for doubling, tripling, etc. the price than elsewhere.

If Aehta were 1500+USD more would be interested, since quite a few seem to think that is the sweet spot of price to performance in IEM world.

Apr 1, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #3,312 of 3,539
If Aehta were 1500+USD more would be interested, since quite a few seem to think that is the sweet spot of price to performance in IEM world.
It's a matter of trust. I trust AuR to not **** me over with pricing. And given the fact that Aehta is priced below Alita, I assume there's something else being worked on right now.

Apr 1, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #3,313 of 3,539
The price is good, although I wonder with all those tunings in one if Ascension was necessary. They just came out a few months ago. Been in the hobby long enough though to realize there's no room for regret.

Apr 1, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #3,314 of 3,539
Have you also got Aurora? Please compare their fit and try Dunu S&S tips, if you have.
Aw. Sorry, I don't have that one. Only the Neon Pro and Ascension.
It's weird how pricing works in this hobby. Not any different from other hobbies, I guess, but it's much more difficult to objectively find the excuse for doubling, tripling, etc. the price than elsewhere.

If you want TOTL hype. Need to price it at 3.5k at the very least. Even though hardware won't cost more than a few hundred dollars.

Apr 1, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #3,315 of 3,539
The price is good, although I wonder with all those tunings in one if Ascension was necessary. They just came out a few months ago. Been in the hobby long enough though to realize there's no room for regret.
Regret is for sleepless nights, I buy whatever Aür is selling just because I trust Abel's tuning and so far every iem gives different feels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back