AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Mar 12, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #3,033 of 3,539
Thanks, it's doesn't have to be the absolute best, just alot better will suffice 😄
I really like the Twilight,I think it's absolutely beautiful with voices and natural instruments,sound stage is great as well.
But with things like edm i miss that bass,and with very busy parts the Twilight is not the best.
Taking into account your preferences my vote would go for the Neon Pro then. I love my Ascension as it is audiophile in a very delicate and relaxed manner. But for bass rumbling fun especially in busy passages the Neon Pro is superior imo...

Mar 13, 2024 at 5:28 AM Post #3,035 of 3,539
On the topic of Ascension VS Neon Pro for electronica, I would pick Ascension 9/10 times as I like better textured bass and more relaxed audiophile tuning. But the Neon Pro sound more bassy and energetic, specially with the switch and will be preffered by many.

But the other way I would maybe use Neon Pro for technical metal 9/10 times.

------------------

Also another teaser from Nicolas and Abel, I know something extra also. I will share when I'm allowed to as its still in development.

But custom BA is always nice.

1000029076.png

Mar 13, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #3,036 of 3,539
Outer Voice: Nice! New IEM to buy!

Inner Voice: How many IEMS do you need? There is no more space, the box is full!

Outer Voice: Aur IEM's only over deliver, there is no bad IEM.

Inner Voice: You listen to the same 5 playlists anyway!

Yummy! Crunchy bass!
sesame-street-muppet-cookie-monster-poses-for-photographs-news-photo-1701191526.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #3,037 of 3,539
On the topic of Ascension VS Neon Pro for electronica, I would pick Ascension 9/10 times as I like better textured bass and more relaxed audiophile tuning. But the Neon Pro sound more bassy and energetic, specially with the switch and will be preffered by many.

But the other way I would maybe use Neon Pro for technical metal 9/10 times.

------------------

Also another teaser from Nicolas and Abel, I know something extra also. I will share when I'm allowed to as its still in development.

But custom BA is always nice.

1000029076.png
I'm still recovering from the Ascension so will now out from the launch of this one. Looking forward to hearing impressions though!

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #3,038 of 3,539
Ascension arrived ahead of FedEx tracking, a pleasant surprise. First song I felt like hearing was Bela Lugosi's Dead, then ran through a few things from different genres (60s rock, reggae, jazz, classical...The Jesus Lizard). Cohesion, timbral richness, enough bass, though I typically like to hear a touch more midbass. I have no need to convince myself that 50 hours burn-in will vindicate my purchase, which is a good sign (though I do believe such things, and they're currently running with the Isotek disc on repeat). Hell, the balanced jack on my portable was previously unused, so I have even more to improve, lol. Very pleased with these. Glad to know you guys aren't deaf.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #3,039 of 3,539
Ascension arrived ahead of FedEx tracking, a pleasant surprise. First song I felt like hearing was Bela Lugosi's Dead, then ran through a few things from different genres (60s rock, reggae, jazz, classical...The Jesus Lizard). Cohesion, timbral richness, enough bass, though I typically like to hear a touch more midbass. I have no need to convince myself that 50 hours burn-in will vindicate my purchase, which is a good sign (though I do believe such things, and they're currently running with the Isotek disc on repeat). Hell, the balanced jack on my portable was previously unused, so I have even more to improve, lol. Very pleased with these. Glad to know you guys aren't deaf.
Be sure to tip roll as it has a large impact on the sound signature. :L3000::L3000::beerchug:

Mar 14, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #3,040 of 3,539
Hey, I just got the Ascension today and I used the stock 4.4mm cable connected through FIIO K7 BT, used the ZhuAudio Latex Bamboo Tips and listened on YouTube Music. Also, I found the tips to be most comfortable whereas the Spinfit W1 are hard to insert which looked uneven due to the Ascension's relatively big nozzle size. So far here are my impressions of the Ascension and don't take my impressions seriously as I'm relatively new to the audio hobby, so excuse my surface level explanation.

I found that when listening to various songs in the Pop, R&B, House, and Rap genres there is somewhat of a 3D soundstage I hear which was unusual as it's my first time hearing it something like this, so it'll take a while to get used to it but so far so good to say the least. The vocals & instruments are forward without it feeling intrusive (if that makes sense), great quality bass with enough quantity for my go-to genres that doesn't bleed into the mids, and the treble is well extended without it sounding sharp nor fatiguing, a relaxing listening experience at mid-high volumes. Need more time to listen for details and imaging but so far, it's been good. That's all I can say for now initially but overall, I'm satisfied purchasing the Ascension. Also, I'll write a comparison between the Ascension, Monarch MK3 and Prestige LTD next week or so when I have the time. Although, the comparison may be unfair as I'll be trying the Thieaudio products for a limited time at a store, only time will tell.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #3,041 of 3,539
W signatures are not common. Usually it's more U shaped. Where the mids is neutral with a small bump at the vocals.

I just tested the Ascension today with JVC Spiral Dots ++. On other IEMS. I was getting bigger staging and more forward mids, the treble extends a little more, bass remains the same. Possibly the best tips I have ever used. On the Ascension, the mids sound even more forward, but everything else remains the same as the stock tips. I do get the impression the stock tips were well picked. Maybe it's already a short stem wide bore, so the difference is negligible.

Mar 14, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #3,042 of 3,539
Hey, I just got the Ascension today and I used the stock 4.4mm cable connected through FIIO K7 BT, used the ZhuAudio Latex Bamboo Tips and listened on YouTube Music. Also, I found the tips to be most comfortable whereas the Spinfit W1 are hard to insert which looked uneven due to the Ascension's relatively big nozzle size. So far here are my impressions of the Ascension and don't take my impressions seriously as I'm relatively new to the audio hobby, so excuse my surface level explanation.

I found that when listening to various songs in the Pop, R&B, House, and Rap genres there is somewhat of a 3D soundstage I hear which was unusual as it's my first time hearing it something like this, so it'll take a while to get used to it but so far so good to say the least. The vocals & instruments are forward without it feeling intrusive (if that makes sense), great quality bass with enough quantity for my go-to genres that doesn't bleed into the mids, and the treble is well extended without it sounding sharp nor fatiguing, a relaxing listening experience at mid-high volumes. Need more time to listen for detaila and imaging but so far it's been great. That's all I can say for now initially but overall, I'm satisfied purchasing the Ascension.
Another happy customer. IMHO. You're going to be hard pressed to find a more satisfying overall package for the same price or less, or more for that matter.

Mar 14, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #3,043 of 3,539
Another happy customer. IMHO. You're going to be hard pressed to find a more satisfying overall package for the same price or less, or more for that matter.
From what I have read other people's experiences with the Ascension/Neon Pro till now it seems to be that way. I'll see how Aur Audio is doing next with their future IEMs, looks very promising and for now this is it for my IEM journey. Looking forward to hearing others experiencing current and future Aur Audio products as they have well-earned their highly positive reputation. Thanks to you guys and Aur Audio for convincing me to try the Ascension, very glad I enjoyed it, no regrets at all despite the high price tag haha. Money well spent overall :raised_hands:.

Mar 14, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #3,044 of 3,539
The funny thing about burn in. On reddit. The moondrop crowd will preach to you burn-in, cables, the source makes zero difference. Move on to head-fi, the heavy hitters with 3k DAPs, 3k IEMS, 10k amps, 5k headphones will tell you to burn-in. Heck, iBasso even gives you burn in cables. I admit I could never tell the difference of a burn in or cables when it comes to speakers. Not headphones as well, the source does change things. IEMs seem to be clearly audible. I don't why this is the case.
From what I have read other people's experiences with the Ascension/Neon Pro till now it seems to be that way. I'll see how Aur Audio is doing next with their future IEMs, looks very promising and for now this is it for my IEM journey. Looking forward to hearing others experiencing current and future Aur Audio products as they have well-earned their highly positive reputation. Thanks to you guys and Aur Audio for convincing me to try the Ascension, very glad I enjoyed it, no regrets at all despite the high price tag haha. Money well spent overall :raised_hands:.
High price tag will be buying 5 or 10 chifi, realise they're a waste of money. Then you buy the Ascension. :sweat_smile:

Mar 14, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #3,045 of 3,539
The funny thing about burn in. On reddit. The moondrop crowd will preach to you burn-in, cables, the source makes zero difference. Move on to head-fi, the heavy hitters with 3k DAPs, 3k IEMS, 10k amps, 5k headphones will tell you to burn-in. Heck, iBasso even gives you burn in cables. I admit I could never tell the difference of a burn in or cables when it comes to speakers. Not headphones as well, the source does change things. IEMs seem to be clearly audible. I don't why this is the case.

High price tag will be buying 5 or 10 chifi, realise they're a waste of money. Then you buy the Ascension. :sweat_smile:
Haha yea, glad I have 4 iems total including the Ascension at varying price points: EPZ Q1 Pro, Simgot EA1000, and Yanyin Canon 2. Also, I have to admit I cannot tell the differences in sound quality when listening to my IEMs using different DAC/AMPs, cables and burn-in. Rather, more like my brain adjusting to each IEM's sound signature IMO which causes this "burn-in" effect to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back