AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Mar 4, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #3,001 of 3,539
Smart move getting the Ascension early. Especially, if you have no interest in taking the long and expensive journey to the end game. Sometimes, my wife will ask me unreasonable questions like how much all of these costs. I'll have to change the subject and suggest we go handbag shopping.
IMG_6061.jpeg

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:52 AM Post #3,002 of 3,539
Mar 4, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #3,003 of 3,539
Smart move getting the Ascension early. Especially, if you have no interest in taking the long and expensive journey to the end game. Sometimes, my wife will ask me unreasonable questions like how much all of these costs. I'll have to change the subject and suggest we go handbag shopping. IMG_6061.jpeg
They look like jewels.

I take my tips and go to e earphones in Akihabara semi-frequently to listen to some of what's out there. Some interesting stuff but I'm pretty stubborn about both what I need to hear to not be a lateral move, and how much use it's going to see before I move on. That said, I found out about Ascension while researching Prestige LTD (which I heard and enjoyed) and decided to take a leap of faith.

Mar 4, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #3,004 of 3,539
Be strong my friend 🫶🥺👍

😅
Trying hard! It's not easy!
They look like jewels.

I take my tips and go to e earphones in Akihabara semi-frequently to listen to some of what's out there. Some interesting stuff but I'm pretty stubborn about both what I need to hear to not be a lateral move, and how much use it's going to see before I move on. That said, I found out about Ascension while researching Prestige LTD (which I heard and enjoyed) and decided to take a leap of faith.
If you were considering the Prestige LTD. Then you made a good move. The vocals on the Ascension are engaging while the Prestige is smoothed over. It does have better technicals in terms of details. Overall presentation on the Ascension is more engaging for half the price.

Mar 4, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #3,005 of 3,539
It's currently my favourite IEM irrespective of price. I stopped buying IEMs after getting the Ascension. Actually, that is a lie. I've ordered a Neon Pro since.

It will be interesting to hear what you think of the Neon Pro.

I suspect that most folks have had the Neon Pro first and bought the Ascension afterwards being the much later release.

I am awaiting my Ascension and am very much looking forward to it but am still loving my Neon Pro in the meantime. I enjoy everything about the Neon Pro, sound, fit, comfort, isolation and looks.

If the Ascension pushes the Neon Pro from its position as favourite out of my small collection it will be doing very well indeed.

Mar 4, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #3,006 of 3,539
They have been pretty clear that they aren't going to attend CanJams due to the expense. Hopefully, at some point, they'll be able to afford it as there's no doubt it would seriously help the brand.

I was just wondering about this(sorry for the necroquote). It would be really nice to finally try Neon Pro at Canjam this weekend, but alas...

Mar 9, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #3,007 of 3,539
Everybody hands up in the air! It's the weekend and new toys have dropped. AK HB1 and Neon Pro are in the house! She's not getting a pounding, you know what is? The eardrums! BASS GO BOOM BOOM AND TINNITUS GO EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!
IMG_6088 3.jpeg

Mar 9, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #3,008 of 3,539
Everybody hands up in the air! It's the weekend and new toys have dropped. AK HB1 and Neon Pro are in the house! She's not getting a pounding, you know what is? The eardrums! BASS GO BOOM BOOM AND TINNITUS GO EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!IMG_6088 3.jpeg
Haha love the enthusiasm! Looking forward to more thoughts on how you perceive the NP. It is very source dependent. No better set for metal and hard rock.

Mar 9, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #3,009 of 3,539
Haha love the enthusiasm! Looking forward to more thoughts on how you perceive the NP. It is very source dependent. No better set for metal and hard rock.
I am currently running thru the EDM playlist with the bass switch off. I am honestly scared to switch it on. Yikes.

Mar 10, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #3,011 of 3,539
I just ordered the Ascension, hoping my experience with it matches the hype happening here. Also I hope it's better than the monarch mk3 cuz that was not impressive for its price point imo when comparing to my yanyin canon 2. Now the wait begins haha.

Nicholas said on their FB page that they have several sets of Ascension ready for delivery inside March so hopefully you won't have much of a wait.

My set is apparently ready to ship soon, looking forward to them.

Mar 10, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #3,012 of 3,539
Nicholas said on their FB page that they have several sets of Ascension ready for delivery inside March so hopefully you won't have much of a wait.

My set is apparently ready to ship soon, looking forward to them.
Thanks for the heads up. My set is among them. Ordered on Valentine's Day, so arriving at the low end of the projected 4-8 week wait time.

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:55 AM Post #3,013 of 3,539
Something new is coming from AüR and its not Allusion 🤔

1000028719.jpg

1000028735.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 5:31 AM Post #3,015 of 3,539
Nicholas mentioned they're in the process of designing a new IEM. Forgot to ask him for details.

On another note. The Neon Pro is indeed great with Metal and EDM. Switched on the bass and it's excellent with 80s music. I prefer New Wave, but damn I didn't know Whitney Houston and George Michael sounded so good. New Order's Blue Monday brought me back to mirror balls, ashtrays in clubs, people didn't use deodorants, and clubs were still called discotheques. The good ol days!

On another subjective note. It appears the stage and separation on the Neon Pro are very good. When I used the iBasso DX260, the stage got too big and ended up with the "hall effect". It's not horrible. There is a sense of too much space and leaning brighter. Plug it back into ESS based dacs like the Fiio K9Pro and AK HB1 and it sounded best this way. Wondering if anyone else got this impression?

The bass switch is not a shelf but a mid bass kick. This explains why metal and 80s music sound so good with the switch on.

R-93008-1159611173.jpg

Push it baby, push it, push it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back