AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Mar 2, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #2,986 of 3,539
AüR Audio Aure and HIBY R8 II ready for a musical night. So much reviews and new sets all the time, my green gem hardly get as much time it deserve. Still manages to drag me into the music in its intimate way, a true bargain for the vocal lover.

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #2,989 of 3,539
Plus, let's not forget that measuring rigs have become "a dime a dozen", which makes them not only cheaper, but a bit less accurate in some cases. There are slight differences in each rig (even among the same model), and then there is the coupler that is used. Some are better than others, and some use ears, and some even use a mold of their own ears. This will indeed make measurements different, just like we all hear things differently, due in part because of the shape, depth, width of our ears.

While these measurements are indeed an important tool, these are best used as a simple reference rather than a scientific comparison.

The point is that just like IEMs (even summit-fi) they aren't always 100% accurate sounding across the board, no matter the claim from the manufacturer. The difference here is that rather than each ear hearing it differently, differing electronics and seals, and etc... in the measuring rig might cause these variances (this can also be affected by the shape of the IEM being measured as well) and so these rigs can also hear it differently as well (to put it in the same terms as our hearing).

These are just my $.02... :)
I specifically am talking about that Monarch Mk II cause I’ve heard it myself and can confirm the graph IS accurate to what I heard vs the other sets graphed on MMagtech’s rig. I’ve heard all the sets in question and those sets listened to how they graphed.

I’m not making any other statement about other graphs and sets.

Mar 3, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #2,990 of 3,539
From all the sets I've heard, there can only be one with truest-to-life vocal reproduction and it is the Green Girl below in my humble opinion.

1000012267.jpg

Mar 3, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #2,991 of 3,539
I did ask about this one. Unfortunately, it won't be made again. :slight_frown:

Mar 4, 2024 at 12:56 AM Post #2,997 of 3,539
Mar 4, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #2,999 of 3,539
It's currently my favourite IEM irrespective of price. I stopped buying IEMs after getting the Ascension. Actually, that is a lie. I've ordered a Neon Pro since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back