AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Nov 28, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #2,446 of 3,794
I think you are seeking for more a "bass / mid-bass bump" (about the "boom effect") than a "bass bump" :beerchug:

You should try if it's possible the FIR XE6 (sound wise... I don't mention the silly price :dt880smile:).

As I understand, I think it's right on your alley.

But right : only one way to know... try, listen... the target curves are just an indication.
there's a fine line. XE6 will probably be too much. Annihilator will probably be up my alley, but I don't want to listen to it for obvious reasons (afraid I will like it too much)

Nov 28, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #2,449 of 3,794
Excited for all those awaiting Ascension and looking forward to reading impressions. If I were on the market for another IEM though, I'd probably pick up the Aurora! There was something truly easy-going, yet very musical about it. The fit for me was brilliant.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #2,450 of 3,794
Excited for all those awaiting Ascension and looking forward to reading impressions. If I were on the market for another IEM though, I'd probably pick up the Aurora! There was something truly easy-going, yet very musical about it. The fit for me was brilliant.
Did you listen to Alita? If you did, would you take Aurora over Alita if price was not a conern?
I'm currently using MH335DW as my 'warm IEM' of choice. Thinking about getting a warm AuR iem to compare.

Nov 28, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #2,451 of 3,794
Did you get an email or was there an announcement somewhere!?
Message by Nicholas from the FB site an hour ago (from now):

"Hello AüRists

Thank for your support of our Ascension IEM

Shipping will start from 2nd week of December and will in Batches.

The lead time of every AüR Audio IEM is 4-8 weeks from the day you ordered.

Thank you "

Time to relax...

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #2,452 of 3,794
Did you listen to Alita? If you did, would you take Aurora over Alita if price was not a conern?
I'm currently using MH335DW as my 'warm IEM' of choice. Thinking about getting a warm AuR iem to compare.

I owned the Alita and wrote a glowing review for it. It's a very good all-BA with great stage, resolution and layering. If I had a choice, I would take Aurora over Alita, predominantly for the DD bass, dynamics and a lick more treble definition. The stage on Aurora is more intimate, however, and Alita does large atmospheres more justice.

Edit: I should add, I sold the Alita mainly because I just wasn't listening to it enough - I had moved to earbuds - that and a niggling wish for just a bit more note definition.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #2,453 of 3,794
So the Neon Pro has arrived. Not in the initially estimated time but it was still a fast delivery. The import taxes where a lot cheaper than I expected which was nice and unlike some other shipping company, FedEx delivered it the same morning that i payed the taxes.

When looking at the original image of the production batch there where two pairs that have a unit that just doesn't match the other one. And I was hoping I wouldn't get either of those sets.
Just my luck that the set I got has both of the units that I thought looked worse than the rest. This often happens that I tend to get some of the worst looking examples of a IEM if they have variations in their face plate. But I guess you really shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth as while they don't really match with the others, they look great together.

20231127_221159.jpg

I'm loving the way they look! :heart_eyes: Nicholas/Abel's picture just didn't do them justice as it doesn't really show the details in the faceplate.

I do have to say that these are big, both in size and sound. They are the absolute limit of what I can fit into my ears, yet they are surprisingly comfortable. My KBear Aurora is like that as well.

I can't say much on the sound just yet as I've only had one evening with them but to me these sound big, energetic and detailed. I was surprised at just how much treble the Neon Pro has while keeping it clean and sibilance free. And that bass, it just gets addicting over time. I'm certain at times that I'm hearing a DD but I can see it's not there. The Neon Pro has been impressing me a lot so far and probably wil continue to do so for some time to come as well.

I don't think I need to say much on them judging from how popular the Neon Pro has become, as I'm pretty sure everything that I would say has already been said by others. But I probably still will when I've had more time with them.

Nov 28, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #2,454 of 3,794
Message by Nicholas from the FB site an hour ago (from now):

"Hello AüRists

Thank for your support of our Ascension IEM

Shipping will start from 2nd week of December and will in Batches.

The lead time of every AüR Audio IEM is 4-8 weeks from the day you ordered.

Thank you "

Time to relax...
Great! I hope I'm I'm the first batch since I ordered right away. I was really hoping to get them before Christmas as a little gift to myself but it's likely they won't show up until after December

Nov 28, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #2,455 of 3,794
Great! I hope I'm I'm the first batch since I ordered right away. I was really hoping to get them before Christmas as a little gift to myself but it's likely they won't show up until after December
They send via FedEx so usually pretty quick! Hopefully it’ll arrive before Christmas.

Travelling for work today and have the NP’s with for the flights :)

Nov 29, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #2,457 of 3,794
Ascension has shipped 🥳
Sorry - false alarm. Forgot I ordered another Athena cable, only had FedEx yesterday and assumed, but got the order shipped notification today. Ah well, only a few week to wait, although I can’t wait! :)

Nov 29, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #2,458 of 3,794
Sorry - false alarm. Forgot I ordered another Athena cable, only had FedEx yesterday and assumed, but got the order shipped notification today. Ah well, only a few week to wait, although I can’t wait! :)
I did that too. :smile_cat: It's kind of a letdown when you get your hopes up for the Ascension. 😢😢

Nov 29, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #2,459 of 3,794
Already guessed so... Obviously to many orders 🤣

Nov 29, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #2,460 of 3,794
The best artist matching NP character that I have found is Ado:

Ado's vocal style is awesome, she had me right from her debut single Usseewa. 3rd video for those who don't know.
The way she blends different vocal styles into a song can make it sound like there is a group singing but it really is just a single girl with an impressive voice.
The variation is her music style is also interesting, most people should be able to find one song of hers to be to their liking.
While she isn't my favorite artist, I'm always interested in what she is releasing next as I think she is going to be rather big in a few years.

Guess I'll have to have a listen to it when I'm back home as I haven't listened to her yet with the NP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back