AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Aug 27, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #1,891 of 3,809
Still the best vocal focused IEM I've heard so far. One of AüRs best releases. Aurora is only one thar comes close using the same E-Audio BAs for the mids. For those that missed out on the Aure, the Aurora is similar vocally albiet slightly taken back due to better bass and treble extension.

This post is downright mean to those of us who can't buy Aure lol. I'm pretty happy with Aurora though so at least the FOMO isn't too bad. I've been FOMOing for Neon Pro as well since so many people love it, but initially chose to skip it due to several comments saying it was "90% of the Anole VX", which I already had. Maybe I will try it in the future but for now I'm leaning towards waiting to see what Ascension is like. If tuning is an art form, then Abel is definitely rocking one huge paint brush(based on Aurora and Alita anyway).

Aug 27, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #1,892 of 3,809
This post is downright mean to those of us who can't buy Aure lol. I'm pretty happy with Aurora though so at least the FOMO isn't too bad. I've been FOMOing for Neon Pro as well since so many people love it, but initially chose to skip it due to several comments saying it was "90% of the Anole VX", which I already had. Maybe I will try it in the future but for now I'm leaning towards waiting to see what Ascension is like. If tuning is an art form, then Abel is definitely rocking one huge paint brush(based on Aurora and Alita anyway).
I think the most correct thing to say about the Neon Pro would be that "technically it is 90% of the Anole VX", but in terms of sound they do differ by more than 10%. It is more energetic and fun.

Aug 27, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #1,893 of 3,809
I think the most correct thing to say about the Neon Pro would be that "technically it is 90% of the Anole VX", but in terms of sound they do differ by more than 10%. It is more energetic and fun.

I'm not too surprised by that. That's why I prefer to use the VX with all the switches up - makes it more energetic and engaging, and it's a lot of fun actually. Anole VX can lean a bit disinteresting/boring to me though, in most of the rest of its configs. I tend to feel more connected to the music using the much cheaper Aurora, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same case with Neon Pro. But I will still resist it...for now. :ksc75smile:

Aug 28, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #1,894 of 3,809
It's been a long wait of almost ten weeks, but I just received my Neon Pro at work. Can't wait to get home tonight and give them their first proper listen.

Aug 28, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #1,895 of 3,809
It's been a long wait of almost ten weeks, but I just received my Neon Pro at work. Can't wait to get home tonight and give them their first proper listen.
Mine should arrive also today if Fedex doesn't mess up with the delivery.
As a matter of fact, the scheduled timetable for the delivery was not respected once again :rolling_eyes:

Anyway enjoy your new toy this evening :L3000:

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #1,896 of 3,809
Did someone compare Aurora vs Penon 10th ?

Aug 28, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #1,897 of 3,809
Did someone compare Aurora vs Penon 10th ?
Got 10th and Aurora at home, and they are tuned very different.
One is reference neutral sounding Aurora.
Other is about big and lush sound, more party mode 10th.

Linking measurement, one aligned at 500hz that is normal way.

graph (31).png

Other at 300hz to show more correct how they would sound when played at equal perceived loudness.

This is also what I felt when first trying 10th, it lacked some mid pressence on certain parts of music.
10th is good and have a very enjoyable sound to it, slightly V shaped. Club sound almost. Just sound very different than Aurora.

graph (30).png

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #1,898 of 3,809
Had a bit of an 'aha!' moment last night when it occurred to me I could try Alita with the Azla Crystal tips for a brightness boost, and can confirm, it works. So if you want more brightness out of Alita, it's worth a try. I'm definitely finding Alita a little more all-porpoise now as opposed to relegating it to Luther Vandross duty only(an exaggeration!) Still probably not energetic enough for my Neon Pro bros though.

Aug 28, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #1,899 of 3,809
Any of you guys have Neon Pro and Sennheiser IE600, maybe you have Letshuoer S12 also ?

I might take advantage of a special on the IE600 but I can’t audition them.

I love the style of sound of my Neon Pro and very much enjoy the S12 also, I find it similarly energetic but just not quite as refined as the Neon Pro.

Does the IE600 have a similar sort of sound signature as the Neon Pro and S12 but with enough differences to justify a place alongside my other few IEM ?

Based on reviews it sounds like they are V shaped and technically very capable but there are a few reviews that say the IE600 is a bit over rated and one YT review (Dan’s Audio Reviews) where he says he actually prefers the much cheaper S12 over the IE600. In his sound demo comparison I can see that might well be the case.

Thoughts ??

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #1,900 of 3,809
Just to check: on the Neon Pro, is the bass switch on when it's at ON or at 1? I'm a bit confused as both options are usually used to describe 'on' with switches.

Aug 28, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #1,901 of 3,809
Had a bit of an 'aha!' moment last night when it occurred to me I could try Alita with the Azla Crystal tips for a brightness boost, and can confirm, it works. So if you want more brightness out of Alita, it's worth a try. I'm definitely finding Alita a little more all-porpoise now as opposed to relegating it to Luther Vandross duty only(an exaggeration!) Still probably not energetic enough for my Neon Pro bros though.
Azla Crystal user with the Alita here. Never felt I was missing anything in the treble department.

Aug 28, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #1,903 of 3,809
With the two pin at the top in normal listening orientation down is OFF, as in no bass boost.

You should pretty easily hear the difference.
Yeah, I just tried both options with a bassy track and the difference was easy to spot. Thanks for the info!

Aug 28, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #1,904 of 3,809
Any of you guys have Neon Pro and Sennheiser IE600, maybe you have Letshuoer S12 also ?

I might take advantage of a special on the IE600 but I can’t audition them.

I love the style of sound of my Neon Pro and very much enjoy the S12 also, I find it similarly energetic but just not quite as refined as the Neon Pro.

Does the IE600 have a similar sort of sound signature as the Neon Pro and S12 but with enough differences to justify a place alongside my other few IEM ?

Based on reviews it sounds like they are V shaped and technically very capable but there are a few reviews that say the IE600 is a bit over rated and one YT review (Dan’s Audio Reviews) where he says he actually prefers the much cheaper S12 over the IE600. In his sound demo comparison I can see that might well be the case.

Thoughts ??
I briefly auditioned IE600, the treble was too hot for me and it is not as detailed as NP obviously. Well it has ergonomics going for it but I heard it is picky with mmcx connectors if you want to cable roll.

Aug 28, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #1,905 of 3,809
I briefly auditioned IE600, the treble was too hot for me and it is not as detailed as NP obviously. Well it has ergonomics going for it but I heard it is picky with mmcx connectors if you want to cable roll.

That is all I need to know thank you.

I like crisp treble and refined treble detail but I don't want more treble quantity than Neon Pro's level of treble energy.

I am not a cable roller but I was aware of the recessed MMCX and I don't like the look of the stock cable, preferring a nice braid, but if the sound was worth the trade off it might have been an option.

I think I am best to avoid and enjoy what I have.

Much appreciated thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back