AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Aug 7, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #1,831 of 3,544
NP treble is not to be trifled with. If you are treble sensitive it may overwhelm you. Alita will really be the better choice with neutral warm sound.
Yeah, I’m thinking Alita might be the best choice for me. I feel the 10AE has as much treble as I really want and from reading your post above, the NP is more energetic.

Hopefully I can still amend my order. To be honest, it wouldn’t be the worst thing telling me it’s too late, as I’m so indecisive and someone else making up my mind for me, may be exactly what I need! 😂

Can't you try Squiglink or something similar to make the sound of your Aurora approximate the signatures of Neon Pro and Alita? Could be worth a shot.

I’ll have a look into it. Tbh checking over the fr for the Alita, it’s very similar to the aurora. I guess it could be interesting to try how the NP might sound.

I imagine the NP will be similarly tuned to the Turbo, only better in every area, and I didn’t really enjoy the sound signature too much. I didn’t dislike it or find it too sibilant, but it was more V shaped than what I liked. The vocals were more recessed than what I ideally want and the treble was more energetic than I’d of liked too. I didn’t feel the desire to reach for it when listening to music at home. Hence my decision to sell it only two weeks after ordering it.

I must be getting annoying on here, I’m starting to annoy myself! 😂🤦🏼‍♂️

Aug 7, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #1,833 of 3,544
I found the Neon Pro to sound greater and warmer with Cayin RU6 than any other of my dongles.
The RU6 just makes everything sound better! It’s such a great little dongle.

Aug 7, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #1,834 of 3,544
I just really enjoy the smoother more relaxed treble of the aurora, I’m also really enjoying the the warmer smoother sound my ru6 gives. So I think I’ll enjoy the Alita.

I don’t actually find the aurora overly tame in the treble region, so I’m quite surprised some people find it so. Maybe I am more sensitive to treble/ high frequencies than some other people? I never thought so, but now I’m not so sure.

I’m just worried the NP might be brighter than I ideally want. I don’t think it would be a problem at all, but I’m just finding I enjoy a less energetic treble even more so.

So, I’m thinking the Alita could be that special iem for evening/ relaxed listening. The aurora does this at the minute, but as above I don’t find it overly relaxed and find it’s my current daily go-to more so than my 10AE.

You’ve had both right? What do you think?
In an ideal world I’d just buy both, but I can’t justify it.

This all suggests you'll probably prefer the sound of Alita over NP and it may prove the safer purchase. If you think the Alita will compliment the Aurora (or replace it, if that's your plan), then go for it!

From my own experience, NP is aggressive and contrast enhancing with only a hint of warmth with switch on. Regardless of switch on/off I wouldn't describe the sound as 'smooth', it sounds very incisive. While the Alita is warm, smooth and intimate with vocals that are in no way recessed. You'll probably find it has less air than the Aurora. If you value a resolving sound that is warm and intimate but still manages to convey textures, Alita is the right choice.

It is a matter of preference but I find, for the majority of my library, I need more treble and air to my sound than Alita offers. Where the Alita excels for me is jazz, vocals and intimate performances.

Make sure to purchase some H570 silicone tips if you haven't already. These seem to work well with most all-BA sets and were by far the front runners for my taste.

P.S. RU6 is a great match for our texture-loving friend the Alita.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #1,835 of 3,544
This all suggests you'll probably prefer the sound of Alita over NP and it may prove the safer purchase. If you think the Alita will compliment the Aurora (or replace it, if that's your plan), then go for it!

From my own experience, NP is aggressive and contrast enhancing with only a hint of warmth with switch on. Regardless of switch on/off I wouldn't describe the sound as 'smooth', it sounds very incisive. While the Alita is warm, smooth and intimate with vocals that are in no way recessed. You'll probably find it has less air than the Aurora. If you value a resolving sound that is warm and intimate but still manages to convey textures, Alita is the right choice.

It is a matter of preference but I find, for the majority of my library, I need more treble and air to my sound than Alita offers. Where the Alita excels for me is jazz, vocals and intimate performances.

Make sure to purchase some H570 silicone tips if you haven't already. These seem to work well with most all-BA sets) and were by far the front runners for my taste.

P.S. RU6 is a great match for our texture-loving friend the Alita.
To be honest, I think I’ll love and enjoy either of them. I’m already sold on Aür and Abel’s tuning skills, from experiencing the Aurora, and the Neon Pro receives high prises by everyone who’s owned or listened to it. Also switching to my 10AE, I love them too, and they’re a mild V also.

I think I’ll make my mind up tomorrow and just stick with it. No doubt I’ll wish I ordered the other - whichever I choose (and I still need to hear back to confirm if I can definitely amend my order).

I have a couple of pairs of those H570 latex tips - I really don’t like them. They hurt and irritate the skin in my ears canals. I have no intention of putting them inside my ear canals ever again! I tried them last night with the Aurora and actually felt it took away some of the warmth and a little bit of bass too.

Thanks for your opinion anyway, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #1,836 of 3,544
I have a couple of pairs of those H570 latex tips - I really don’t like them. They hurt and irritate the skin in my ears canals. I have no intention of putting them inside my ear canals ever again! I tried them last night with the Aurora and actually felt it took away some of the warmth and a little bit of bass too.

Ouch! That's unfortunate. Just shows how personal all this stuff really is.

Aug 7, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #1,837 of 3,544

Ouch! That's unfortunate. Just shows how personal all this stuff really is.

They have also not been a good success for me, I think tips are very personal. I get very thin sound, even if they seal well.
And they are quite uncomfortable, might be that they irritate my skin.

But plenty to choose from, and with some testing I have some favourites. Just tried the new Penon Clear green ones with Aurora, and I think its a success for me. I can come back with impressions when I have tested more.

1691438265733.png

Aug 7, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #1,838 of 3,544
To be honest, I think I’ll love and enjoy either of them. I’m already sold on Aür and Abel’s tuning skills, from experiencing the Aurora, and the Neon Pro receives high prises by everyone who’s owned or listened to it. Also switching to my 10AE, I love them too, and they’re a mild V also.

I think I’ll make my mind up tomorrow and just stick with it. No doubt I’ll wish I ordered the other - whichever I choose (and I still need to hear back to confirm if I can definitely amend my order).
Thanks for your opinion anyway, I appreciate it.
Well at least one thing is for sure: the NP will sound different to both, the Aurora and the Alita, which seem to share some similarities. And the NP is quite different compared to the 10th AE too...

So let me play the devil's advocate here :) - complementary wise (to Aurora and 10th) the NP would be your best option imo.

You may also consider your source: as your RU6 is on the warmer side too, you should not fear NPs energetic, very detailed timbre.

In the end you might buy it anyways even when choosing the Alita now :wink:

And finally - you may even sell your NP quite easily if you really disliked its signature....

But hey, see the smile on my face. Of course it is all up to you and your preferences, curiosity and degree of willingness to take risks...

Aug 8, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #1,839 of 3,544
Well at least one thing is for sure: the NP will sound different to both, the Aurora and the Alita, which seem to share some similarities. And the NP is quite different compared to the 10th AE too...

So let me play the devil's advocate here :) - complementary wise (to Aurora and 10th) the NP would be your best option imo.

You may also consider your source: as your RU6 is on the warmer side too, you should not fear NPs energetic, very detailed timbre.

In the end you might buy it anyways even when choosing the Alita now :wink:

And finally - you may even sell your NP quite easily if you really disliked its signature....

But hey, see the smile on my face. Of course it is all up to you and your preferences, curiosity and degree of willingness to take risks...

Thanks for your opinion and insight, its much appreciated. I'm sticking with the NP. I'm tired of going back and forth - I'm just so indecisive! I'll spend the extra money on the next releases.

Aug 8, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #1,840 of 3,544
They have also not been a good success for me, I think tips are very personal. I get very thin sound, even if they seal well.
And they are quite uncomfortable, might be that they irritate my skin.

But plenty to choose from, and with some testing I have some favourites. Just tried the new Penon Clear green ones with Aurora, and I think its a success for me. I can come back with impressions when I have tested more.

1691438265733.png
Would you mind me asking for the link or name of this case? I need something similar just a bit smaller for my accessories 😁

Aug 8, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #1,841 of 3,544
Would you mind me asking for the link or name of this case? I need something similar just a bit smaller for my accessories 😁
Lots of options on AliExpress, found one that was fairly cheap and did the job.

Love to have some control and order, so not all my gear is chaos 😁

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtEhjMi

Aug 8, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #1,842 of 3,544
Aug 8, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #1,843 of 3,544
I have yet to hear better bass (in all categories IMHO) than from these. The tuning is great, and the crossover is at exactly the right point, but I also think that the transducer itself it absolutely amazing, and the tech used for it shows in its overall sound. I still don't think these received the "fanfare" that they deserve(d).

Having said that, you should hear the Aure if you like the IT-07. At less than half the price these have way more similarities than there are differences. The bass is really where there are more differences than not, but not in a big way. The texture and speed just aren't there on the Aure. BUT....... Abel's tuning on these is just spot on, and I think the limitation of the driver that they sourced (and had no control over) is where the limitation comes into play. If the Aure had originally been made with their "in house" DD, these would have been even better than they are now. And I am here to tell you that these are on my top five list of all-time favorites. :) As usual though, YMMV.

Bottom line is that if you see these anywhere on the market, you REALLY should consider picking them up (if you like the tuning of the IT-07) because while they aren't exactly alike, they would complement them enough to also be in your collection.

Just my $.02! :sunglasses: :thumbsup:
I totally agree that IT07 didn't received that much attention that it deserved. The overall tuning is great and hard to dislike anything.

Most of my nit-pick is more on tuning preference, I prefer a lusher, fuller, thicker and smooth midrange/vocals plus a bit smoother, rounded, and a more natural and analogue highs. But I really love its bass in all aspects especially the lingering decay which I can't find with all IEMs I auditioned. It's like the combination of 10th AE's mid bass plus Aurora's sub bass but more textured, punchy, a bit more in quantity and more tactile.

I did read the impressions of Aure and has a lot of similarities with IT07's, however, I might skip it (besides, it's no longer in production) and just wait for Ascension and Allusion. In my opinion, Aurora is already on par with Volt and I cannot imagine how much better those 2 will be. I'm looking forward!
I just really enjoy the smoother more relaxed treble of the aurora, I’m also really enjoying the the warmer smoother sound my ru6 gives. So I think I’ll enjoy the Alita.

I don’t actually find the aurora overly tame in the treble region, so I’m quite surprised some people find it so. Maybe I am more sensitive to treble/ high frequencies than some other people? I never thought so, but now I’m not so sure.

I’m just worried the NP might be brighter than I ideally want. I don’t think it would be a problem at all, but I’m just finding I enjoy a less energetic treble even more so.

So, I’m thinking the Alita could be that special iem for evening/ relaxed listening. The aurora does this at the minute, but as above I don’t find it overly relaxed and find it’s my current daily go-to more so than my 10AE.

You’ve had both right? What do you think?
In an ideal world I’d just buy both, but I can’t justify it.
I do think that I am also more sensitive with treble as I find the IT07 and 10th AE a bit too much for my liking. It's not like both of them are sibilant, but a more of "brilliant" sounding and a bit more aggressive and attacking when compared to Volt and Aurora. As a matter of fact, just simply switching the tips of Aurora to either to Spiral dots++/ TRI Clarion tips/Azla Sednaearfit can make it a bit more prominent and satisfying. It's really a matter of taste. lol

Aug 9, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #1,845 of 3,544
AuR Neon Pro - Kinera Dromi cable - Spinfit CP100 tips - Qobuz Diana Krall - Chord Mojo OG - coaxial from FiiO M11 Plus LTD.

I only tried the CP100 briefly a few weeks ago and probably didn't give them enough of a chance.

I have been listening with my Penon Fan 2 for the last couple of days and listened to the same Diana Krall album, it sounded good but it didn't sound like this !

The Neon Pro is revealing all the subtle little nuances and inflexions in her voice and little noises on the piano pedals.

Just beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back