AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Jul 25, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #1,711 of 3,544
I got my Neon Pro headphones last week and I am getting familiar with them as much as my free time allows it. I Have a question regarding nozzles and tips for Neon Pro. I noticed that nozzles on Neon Pro are really wide. My favourite tips are JVC Spiral Dots, but I have big problem putting them on the nozzles. Also, when I put them on, when I am taking the IEMs from my ears these tips fall off every time. Same situation is with other tips that I have. The nozzle is simply too wide.
Do you also have same problems with using different tips on Neon Pro? I must say that for now best tips are the one that came already on them.
Do you have any suggestions regarding this?

Jul 25, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #1,712 of 3,544
I got my Neon Pro headphones last week and I am getting familiar with them as much as my free time allows it. I Have a question regarding nozzles and tips for Neon Pro. I noticed that nozzles on Neon Pro are really wide. My favourite tips are JVC Spiral Dots, but I have big problem putting them on the nozzles. Also, when I put them on, when I am taking the IEMs from my ears these tips fall off every time. Same situation is with other tips that I have. The nozzle is simply too wide.
Do you also have same problems with using different tips on Neon Pro? I must say that for now best tips are the one that came already on them.

Are you sure you are putting the tips on far enough so they are secure ?

I have used JVC Spiral Dots and about a dozen other tips and have no problem with them falling off ever with any tips.

They are marginally more difficult to put some tips on but not inordinately so.

I have to assume you are not pushing the tips far enough onto the nozzle.

I don’t find the Neon Pro to be tip sensitive in terms of sound and to me the KBear 07 sounds as good as any others and for me they are very comfortable so that is what I have settled on.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #1,713 of 3,544
Are you sure you are putting the tips on far enough so they are secure ?

I have used JVC Spiral Dots and about a dozen other tips and have no problem with them falling off ever with any tips.

They are marginally more difficult to put some tips on but not inordinately so.

I have to assume you are not pushing the tips far enough onto the nozzle.

I don’t find the Neon Pro to be tip sensitive in terms of sound and to me the KBear 07 sounds as good as any others and for me they are very comfortable so that is what I have settled on.
OK, I will try to push them more.
Besides that I am quite happy with Neon Pro. I have tried different cables, but unfortunately I still dont't have pure copper cable. Neon Pro are rather bright sounding IEMs, at least to my ears and I think copper would tame that brightness.
I am currently in correspondence with Antonio from Gladiator cables for some pure copper cable. Any recommendations?

Jul 25, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #1,714 of 3,544
Besides that I am quite happy with Neon Pro. I have tried different cables, but unfortunately I still dont't have pure copper cable. Neon Pro are rather bright sounding IEMs, at least to my ears and I think copper would tame that brightness.
I am currently in correspondence with Antonio from Gladiator cables for some pure copper cable. Any recommendations?

The cable I bought for Aurora ended up on my Neon Pro, I made it as custom order. But seems like Antonio has made it as a stock option now. Maybe the best copper cable I have tried.

Wire is thicker than his cheapest series in the gladiator line, but still very comfortable.

4.4mm Plug is the pure copper type.

https://gladiatorcables.com/caesar-line/p/astra-rame

DSCF2873-1.jpg

DSCF2662.jpg

I also have a pure silver with palladium coating from him, I will try it some more before I say what I think. So far love it.

received_813868693783665.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #1,715 of 3,544
I have his cheaper copper cable for my Empire Ears Nemesis (you can watch its graph to check if it has treble and brightness or not 😅), and it’s great. Any other will be as good or better.

Anyway, I don’t think Neon Pro is a specially bright IEM. I think it’s warm (it has quite of low mids) with a good amount of treble (Mest by example has much more treble and brightness than Neon Pro).
I even EQ the Neon Pro with more treble (high shelf, 4000 hz, +2 db, Q 0.7) to listen some dark/warm albums. With this EQ it becomes a detail and technical monster!

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #1,716 of 3,544
The nozzle is not too wide, only 5 mm. Just try to take NP off slowly.

Jul 25, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #1,717 of 3,544
I have some Spiral Dots too (normal, + and ++), but I am using now the Kbear 07 tips too (really cheap and very confortable).

Jul 25, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #1,719 of 3,544
@firesign Are you a treblehead? Do you use the "on" switch btw.?
I think I am not a treblehead, I need to EQ my Nemesis a lot (reducing treble) to enjoy it. And sometimes I need to EQ my Mest 2 too (reducing treble again).

But I wouldn’t do the same with my Neon Pro. I like as it is, or maybe with a bit more treble (or some EST additional drivers).

I use it always with switch off. The switch increases too much the low mids (it affects until 500 hz), doing it too warm, and I don’t like it. First time I tried the NP was with switch on, and I though I wouldn’t like it… but I turned off the switch and love arose 😆

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #1,720 of 3,544
Many good recommendations already.

Still my turn to advice you to try out some foamies on the NP. Complys are fine and do wonders imo. I use it with the switch off too. As for cables I have the NP attached to an EA Cadmus FE. Also liked other non (all) copper cables with it, like this one
https://a.aliexpress.com/_Exfv4ft which matched very well with my Penon 10th too.

Have recently also received an Ares 8w but am on vacation atm and could not try out that one yet...

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #1,721 of 3,544

Maybe this claryfies a few things...

Anyways I feel a bit sad that there was a situation created which obviously made him feel obliged to make this second video. Lessons learned should be to refrain from insinuations without knowledge (in whichever direction)...

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #1,722 of 3,544
Anyways I feel a bit sad that there was a situation created which obviously made him feel obliged to make this second video. Lessons learned should be to refrain from insinuations without knowledge (in whichever direction)...

Very good of him to take the time to provide context.

Agreed, in a social media or internet forum context far to many people are far to quick to criticise because they think they know something about the situation when they don’t have the full picture.

Frankly that is true of people in all situations it is simply easy to say something on the internet and forget that there are real people at the receiving end, the same people would probably refrain from comment in real life, especially to Tony !!!

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #1,723 of 3,544
Been wanting to sell my Aure lately as i want to move to the HS2000Mk2 from Acoustune (price a bit absurd) but i dont know how to sell things abroad and my job keep me busy so i end up listen to it again tonight. Compared to the SA6 Mk2, i can surely say i will take the Aure anyday against the SA6. To me the SA6 Mk2 is even worse than the OG SA6. The bass change from decent impact to full blown soft. I feel that kind of tuning is kinda generic nowadays as more and more companies go with the sub bass focus tune and i dont like that. With Aure i got the full sub, mid, upper bass in clear and consistent way, vocal is also more define and crisp. So its 3 in the morning in my place but i end up spending the night with this baby again. I think i will continue to keep it to gatekeep future IEMs.
All impression is based on my personal experience, preferences so if your favourite iem is SA6 MK2 thats ok, simply think its not my cup of tea, thats all
No description available.

Jul 25, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #1,724 of 3,544
it's all been dealt with and water under the bridge now. I saw that video after it was put out and reached out to Tony. There's no benefit to keep dragging it up. It's all good, and in hindsight, I should have kept my thoughts/opinions to myself. Lesson learned.

Jul 25, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #1,725 of 3,544
it's all been dealt with and water under the bridge now. I saw that video after it was put out and reached out to Tony. There's no benefit to keep dragging it up. It's all good, and in hindsight, I should have kept my thoughts/opinions to myself. Lesson learned.

Yours might have been the first comment on the situation here but I don't think you said anything particularly out of line and if your comment wasn't first somebody else's would have been.

You posed a few questions because Tony's impressions were at odds with others but I don't think you said or insinuated anything that was a problem.

Necessary or not, it certainly takes a well adjusted human being to reach out to the person in question and acknowledge the situation as you have done, again, necessary or not, you felt it was the right thing and that is to be applauded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back