AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Jul 12, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #1,606 of 3,809
On the synergy hunt with Alita (again!). This has been the most picky IEM to date. The treble is on the lower side of my preference and I need to ensure good bass transmission to keep the musicality up. All this is very personal but when the combination is right there's a brilliant balance of a warm but detailed picture with a big stage and great imaging.

For those on the search hopefully this may help:

H570 silicone tips (excellent bass transmission that preserves quantity and quality) > stock cable from SR8 (silver plated OFC with great detail and open sound, possibly purchasable separately from SR store on AE) > DX300 Amp12 (detailed & powerful).

The Alita is really worth the effort to find a working combination though. I've been back and forth between holding onto it as I move to more to earbud listening. I've decided to sell the SR8 instead, despite it being more versatile than Alita. The Alita just has a more natural tonality, better balance in the midrange and is a stronger compliment to the Aure.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #1,607 of 3,809
On the synergy hunt with Alita (again!). This has been the most picky IEM to date. The treble is on the lower side of my preference and I need to ensure good bass transmission to keep the musicality up. All this is very personal but when the combination is right there's a brilliant balance of a warm but detailed picture with a big stage and great imaging.

For those on the search hopefully this may help:

H570 silicone tips (excellent bass transmission that preserves quantity and quality) > stock cable from SR8 (silver plated OFC with great detail and open sound, possibly purchasable separately from SR store on AE) > DX300 Amp12 (detailed & powerful).

The Alita is really worth the effort to find a working combination though. I've been back and forth between holding onto as I move more to earbud listening. I've decided to sell the SR8, despite itself being more versatile than Alita. The Alita is just has a more natural tonality and better balance in the midrange and is a better compliment to the Aure.
From what I have gleaned from the information here, it sounds like all three (that were current when the Aure were available) were a great compliment to each other and didn't really step on each other much (no overlap per se'). :)

I have been so happy with the Aure that I don't really feel the need to change anything about them. They DO sound a bit different with different sources, so they take on the personality of each source better than some IEMs I have heard. While different tips and cables DO affect the sound overall, I find that changing my source actually works out better for me for the desired type of sound or music that I want at that time. Count me as a big fan of Aur Audio and their brand, in case I haven't said so in the past (which I have :wink:).

As mentioned before, I find them to be very similar overall to the iBasso IT-07, but what I didn't mention at the time is that while the differences are subtle in most ways, they make for an overall different sound (more so with some songs than others; some songs they sound VERY much alike). I REALLY love these subtleties that the Aure present for my ears.

I love that they have created the Aurora to take its place, but I truly wish the Aure wasn't discontinued (in a way) because I would love for more people to get to enjoy what some few of us are able to. On the other hand, the kid in me loves that I have something absolutely unique that the masses don't have. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I remember the night I ordered these. I was talking with my brother from another mother @FranQL and he told me that the Aure were the best IEMs he had heard regardless of the price. He wasn't trying to sell me on anything, mind you. So, I went to the website and ordered them (pretty much) sight unseen... I completely trust his ears as we both have VERY VERY similar tastes in tuning and sound signatures, so to me it wasn't really a blind buy. The rest is history, and I am still completely satisfied with my purchase. I would put them in the top 3 of my all time favorite IEMs. :)

Jul 12, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #1,608 of 3,809
Loving the Neon Pro.

Sounds great even off my humble Modi + and Magni + set up fed by an iPad Mini 6.

For the keen eyed among you that spotted there is no Modi in the picture, it is under the desk, I just like a minimalist desk.

Literally end game for me. These are my favourite set ahead of Shanling ME700 and MG600, Penon Fan 2, Dethronray Tender 1 and Letshuoer S12. Understanding the laws of diminishing returns I simply have no desire to chase better.

IMG_3820.jpeg

Jul 13, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #1,609 of 3,809
Loving the Neon Pro.

Sounds great even off my humble Modi + and Magni + set up fed by an iPad Mini 6.

For the keen eyed among you that spotted there is no Modi in the picture, it is under the desk, I just like a minimalist desk.

Literally end game for me. These are my favourite set ahead of Shanling ME700 and MG600, Penon Fan 2, Dethronray Tender 1 and Letshuoer S12. Understanding the laws of diminishing returns I simply have no desire to chase better.

Schiit has some nice gear, probably sounds perfect while not being to expensive.

NiceHCK CoaxialSir Ultra Furukawa Copper Silver Alloy+8N Copper Foil+Silver Plated Cable
Tried a new cable on my Aurora, not reccomended. Stiff and microphonic, don't provide better sound than even stock cable.
It look good, that NiceHCK has managed. Mini rant over 🤣

Started review on something else the ISN NEO5, but I only want to sit down and listen to the Aurora instead. Been totally fallen in love and gotten addicted to the tonality of Aurora.

DSCF3030.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #1,610 of 3,809
Aür have just put a post up on instagram advising that you will get your Aurora by the end of July if you place an order now, as 12 new sets have just been made.

Apparently my order was included in the batch that has been built/completed 😀

1689236905985.png

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #1,611 of 3,809
I've just discovered on Aür Audio Facebook page that they launched a new cable: AüR Athena.

We are going to introduce a new 8 cores cable which is made up of Ultra-Pure OCC Pure Silver and Pure Copper Litz cable. The performance of this cable is equivalent to a popular model brand which charges double of its price.

This cable is default at 0.78,4.4mm connection and costs 200 Singapore dollars with shipping.

So I couldn't resist any longer...

aur_audio.jpg

The wait has only just begun ☺️

Jul 13, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #1,612 of 3,809
Be strong my friend, be strong ! :sweat_smile: :beerchug:

Jul 13, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #1,614 of 3,809
Schiit has some nice gear, probably sounds perfect while not being to expensive.

NiceHCK CoaxialSir Ultra Furukawa Copper Silver Alloy+8N Copper Foil+Silver Plated Cable
Tried a new cable on my Aurora, not reccomended. Stiff and microphonic, don't provide better sound than even stock cable.
It look good, that NiceHCK has managed. Mini rant over 🤣

Started review on something else the ISN NEO5, but I only want to sit down and listen to the Aurora instead. Been totally fallen in love and gotten addicted to the tonality of Aurora.

Leonard,

I listened to the Neon Pro off the Schiit gear all day and it really impressed.

I don’t know if it was just one of those days when the music just sounds better, if the Neon Pro are just really good regardless of the modest DAC and amp or if there was some sort of favourable synergy but I swear the Neon Pro sounded better on the Schiit gear than off my Gryphon or Diablo.

Jul 14, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #1,616 of 3,809
I've just discovered on Aür Audio Facebook page that they launched a new cable: AüR Athena.

So I couldn't resist any longer...

The wait has only just begun ☺️

If the combination is as good as is claimed, this could be a one and done scenario.

I know the wait will be hard but it'll be worth it!

Jul 14, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #1,618 of 3,809
If the combination is as good as is claimed, this could be a one and done scenario.

I know the wait will be hard but it'll be worth it!
One and done? You think so? That’s what I told myself. And here I am patiently awaiting for my NP and already thinking of the Tribid coming out soon 😂

Jul 14, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #1,619 of 3,809
One and done? You think so? That’s what I told myself. And here I am patiently awaiting for my NP and already thinking of the Tribid coming out soon 😂
A lot of us are thinking of that tribrid…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back