AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Jul 8, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #1,576 of 3,541
Is Aurora’s shell vented?
Still waiting for my set of Aurora but here are some pictures that have been shared on their Facebook page. Seems like there is indeed a vent below the 2 pin connector visible in the circled one and the unfinished 3D render.

FB_IMG_1686130615632.jpg
FB_IMG_1686210456896.jpg
FB_IMG_1686130078383.jpg
FB_IMG_1686130612835.jpg

Super excited for my set. I met Nicholas to audition the NP and Aurora just after trying out the Custom Art FIBAE 5, Hybrid 3 Pro, 64 Audio U12t and U4s... I was so impressed that I placed an order for the Aurora a couple of days later.

Jul 9, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #1,577 of 3,541
Still waiting for my set of Aurora but here are some pictures that have been shared on their Facebook page. Seems like there is indeed a vent below the 2 pin connector visible in the circled one and the unfinished 3D render.

Super excited for my set. I met Nicholas to audition the NP and Aurora just after trying out the Custom Art FIBAE 5, Hybrid 3 Pro, 64 Audio U12t and U4s... I was so impressed that I placed an order for the Aurora a couple of days later.
How long ago did you order yours? I only ordered mine 5 days ago. So, I think I have quite a long wait yet! I’m hoping I’ll be pleasantly surprised and get an email sooner than expected, but I know it’s doubtful. The estimate times on the website does state 4-8 weeks, so I knew what to expect. Still, no harm in hoping, right?!

Jul 9, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #1,578 of 3,541
How long ago did you order yours? I only ordered mine 5 days ago. So, I think I have quite a long wait yet! I’m hoping I’ll be pleasantly surprised and get an email sooner than expected, but I know it’s doubtful. The estimate times on the website does state 4-8 weeks, so I knew what to expect. Still, no harm in hoping, right?!
I ordered mine last Sunday! Seems like they've been getting heaps more attention. Great to see them gaining the traction they deserve but unfortunately this translates into much longer waiting times for their goodies since it's a 2-man show.

I'm alright with the wait since they are pretty strict with their QC and I'd rather them not rush to meet the demand and end up with a lemon.

Jul 9, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #1,579 of 3,541
I would say 2 months, and be surprised if it comes before. I bet Abel I already making a batch of Aurora to current orders. He usually make them in batches as I understand.

Jul 9, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #1,580 of 3,541
Yeah, there have been a few sets that I’ve really liked but had to move on from due to fit issues. Vision Ears EXT, Dunu SA6 and now Neon Pro.

I’d say 80%+ of my library is metal. Everything from death to prog to black to thrash to doom. The NP excelled with fast, technical metal and I love how they keep up with even the most chaotic stuff in my library.

Thanks for sharing these details! Very helpful. I never ran into fatigue with NP but they are certainly tuned to demand some attention. Aurora sounds like a decidedly smoother, more laid back presentation but with DD texture and dynamics.

I do listen to some jazz, mostly of the fusion variety with prominent guitar (Metheny, Larry Carlton, Ritenour, etc.). I didn’t give much time with this genre on the NP but sounds as though Aurora may be better suited for it.

Is Aurora’s shell vented?
Besides the Aurora being vented indeed (like the Aure) it might be a good idea in your case (looking for a direct substitute for the NP) to wait a few months until the Allusion will be released and see whether that all BA will be vented too... Just saying :)

Jul 9, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #1,582 of 3,541
Jul 9, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #1,583 of 3,541
Good food for thought here.

I guess replacement wasn’t the right word. Certainly sounds like Aurora is tuned quite a bit differently than NP. Even so, the dual DD + BA configuration has me intrigued.

Have considered SR8 (and SR7 as well).

Going to try my best to practice some restraint and see what else is released in the coming months (we all know how that went last time 😂).

I did really enjoying NP from a sonic perspective. Super engaging, punchy and energetic without being overly edgy. Great BA bass.

I had no issues with the size or shape of the shell but the pressure build up was just too much for me. It would on occasion lead to headaches which is what ultimately forced me to sell them.
PS: being sensitive to pressure build up myself I have seldomly encountered problems in that regard with my NP. And in the rare cases it did happen only directly after inserting them (which could easily be fixed by taking them out and reinsert)...

Cannot remember pressure build up during listening sessions (just finished one with my new Hiby R6P2). My guess is, that it depends on the tips being used. Maybe you should try some foamies which I use exclusively on the NP (Complys).... Their structure may help to prevent pressure build up.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #1,585 of 3,541
I figured. It is quite unusual to see a set with a DD NOT have a vent in it. For BAs they don't NEED it to breath, but it has been shown that they CAN move air (just not as much as a DD can). I would have been surprised if there hadn't been one on the Aurora.

Yes this is the norm, its needed as I understand.

Beyerdynamic thinks differently than you guys 😉

Jul 9, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #1,586 of 3,541
Seeing that we are actively discussing this topic can anyone share with me what cables they use with NP? Planning to get one while waiting to take delivery
Many here seem to prefer copper cables with their NP.

The Nicehck Black Soul has been mentioned a few times as being a nice bang for the buck alternative, PW Audio Copper 28v2 would come to mind as a step up price wise. And there are so many more out there...

Personally I liked the ISN G4 and Penon Leo Plus cable a lot and now use an Effect Audio cable.
1000046036.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #1,587 of 3,541
My custom Gladiator Cables copper ended up on NP instead of Aurora 👌

22.5awg 4 core 6N copper, believe wire from Japan.

DSCF2873-1.jpg

Jul 9, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #1,589 of 3,541
I had NP on loan but its charm has completely won me over and I’m now the proud owner! Pressure build has been an issue on and off but Tanchjim T300 appear to have solved the problem. Currently using Penon OSG cable.

IMG_5184.jpeg

Such a smashing set and I miss my time with the loaner greatly. Fun, dynamic, versatile and strong in the tech department...

Jul 9, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #1,590 of 3,541
I had NP on loan but its charm has completely won me over and I’m now the proud owner! Pressure build has been an issue on and off but Tanchjim T300 appear to have solved the problem. Currently using Penon OSG cable.

The Tanchjim tips are awesome! Always one of the very top ones that seem to work best for me, along with Spinfit W1, and sometimes the Penon stock translucent w/ green core.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back