AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Apr 20, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #811 of 3,748
20230421_011845.jpg
I am really enjoying Neon Pro (NP) that I got just yesterday.

NP is easy to drive and sounds good with DAP only, but sounds even much better with an additional amp.

I can say that technically, NP does not fall greatly behind other IEMs that I have.

But in terms of tonality / tuning, I regard NP as one of the best I've ever tried :)
Would love to hear your thoughts in comparison to Mentor and Impact

Apr 20, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #813 of 3,748
Would love to hear your thoughts in comparison to Mentor and Impact
Resolution: Mentor = Impact > NP
Soundstage: NP= Mentor > Impact
Subbass: NP(Bass on) >= Mentor > Impact
Lows: Mentor > NP(Bass on) > Impact
Mids: Mentor > NP = Impact
Highs: Impact > Mentor > NP

Personal preference on tonality/tuning: NP > Mentor > Impact

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #814 of 3,748
Resolution: Mentor=Impact > NP
Soundstage: NP=Mentor>Impact
Subbass: NP(Bass on)>=Mentor>Impact
Lows: Mentor>NP(Bass on)>Impact
Mids: Mentor>NP=Impact
Highs: Impact>Mentor>NP

Personal preference on tonality/tuning: NP>Mentor>Impact
This is perfect! Thank you for sharing!

Apr 20, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #815 of 3,748
20230421_011845.jpg
I am really enjoying Neon Pro (NP) that I got just yesterday.

NP is easy to drive and sounds good with DAP only, but sounds even much better with an additional amp.

I can say that technically, NP does not fall greatly behind other IEMs that I have.

But in terms of tonality / tuning, I regard NP as one of the best I've ever tried :)
Oh so you are the person who’s insane setup is being featured on Aür Audio socials, cld u compare the Aure to the impact. Thanks

Apr 20, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #816 of 3,748
Oh so you are the person who’s insane setup is being featured on Aür Audio socials, cld u compare the Aure to the impact. Thanks
Resolution: Impact >> Aure
Soundstage: Aure >= Impact
Subbass: Aure > Impact
Lows: Impact > Aure
Mids: Aure > Impact
Highs: Impact >>> Aure

Personal preference on tonality/tuning: Aure >= Impact

Apr 20, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #817 of 3,748

Do you agree with the statement made that Aure is 80% of the Penon impact. Also do u have a top 5 iem/headphone list

Apr 20, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #818 of 3,748

Wow you’ve got all those shiny ones.

How do you compare UM MM and Neon Pro?

I can tell you are very long time audiophile after seeing Yuin PK1👍

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #819 of 3,748
Apr 20, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #820 of 3,748
Apr 20, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #822 of 3,748
You know, since I put the Aure into my ears, I have not thought to listen to them in such a critical way as to compare individual aspects of the sound like I might normally do. Epiphany???

Do I have sets that have better texture in the bass, or more impact, or <pick a category>? Do I have sets that have better micro and/or macro details or dynamics? Do I have sets that are more musical? Of course I do. But those sets mainly excel in that area above all others. The Aure excels at being so well designed overall that none of those things really matter in the end because they combine in such an overall pleasant way. I reach for them (sort of) automatically when I am getting ready to listen to something. Or at the least, when I put another set in, I think about the Aure, and even sometimes I will switch out because I just gotta' hear that passage through the Aure...

Are they the best I have ever heard? Well, that is complicated because I have nothing that sounds quite like them (which might imply "upgrade"), so I can't give an honest answer directly to that question. The best answer I might give would be that my current top three (even among other kilobuck IEMs I have "thrown back into the pond") are:
  • iBasso IT-07
  • Aur Audio Aure
  • Raptgo Hook-X.
But I can't really put one above the other (unless I am in the mood for their particular style) because they are different enough to not compete but instead compliment each other.

Apologies for the random (seeming) thoughts... :)

Apr 20, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #823 of 3,748
Do we like the stock cable on the Alita? If not, what's good? Thanks

I prefer pure silver with Alita or palladium plated silver. VE have a good pure silver cable that pairs well with Alita.

Apr 20, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #825 of 3,748
Don't worry. Definitely pick up TRN T in small size, very comfortable for small ears and pairs well with Alita tuning.
Found them only on alibaba. That was a pain till i could finally order as i had to open an acc there.. it told me all the time i already used the voucher in a previous purchase. What is previous of the first purchase? My former life in medival?? And which voucher? - That store sucks a lot!

Btw: bore sizes of ct100 and w1 are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back