AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Apr 11, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #706 of 3,539
That is a very good rule of thumb to follow.

That was a very nice thing for you to do. I'm sure it is much appreciated by those that have yet to get theirs (or from me if that caused me to get mine a bit earlier :wink:).
I have a set that I picked up in Jan. I was skeptical at first since I owned a few sets similar to the Aure. Glad I was talked into by Nicholas as it exceed my expecations just like the NP and Alita; additionally, it had a tuning more towards vocals than the other two so it complimented the whole lineup.

I figured I get one of the last Aure sets since they'll move from handcrafting start to finish to 3D printing/CNC to streamline the process and fullfil larger orders quicker.

It'll be worth the wait. I have yet to hear from an owner who own ones that it didnt live up to their expectations. It's just hows the craftmanship and love these IEMs get.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #707 of 3,539
I have a set that I picked up in Jan. I was skeptical at first since I owned a few sets similar to the Aure. Glad I was talked into by Nicholas as it exceed my expecations just like the NP and Alita; additionally, it had a tuning more towards vocals than the other two so it complimented the whole lineup.

I figured I get one of the last Aure sets since they'll move from handcrafting start to finish to 3D printing/CNC to streamline the process and fullfil larger orders quicker.

It'll be worth the wait. I have yet to hear from an owner who own ones that it didnt live up to their expectations. It's just hows the craftmanship and love these IEMs get.

Well, you won't get your first report here that it didn't live up to expectations. :wink: I feel that I got well beyond my money's worth in this set. Plus, they are collectable, and very unique. I wonder how many (in the end) were created overall?! I don't know if they started from order number 1, and if they have the other IEMs mixed in with the numbers, but I have order number #10014.

On top of all of that, I find them supremely comfortable, and the shape was well thought out. Though, if I had to find one negative to say about them, it is also the fitment/shape. the small nib that helps hold them in your ears works great, but for me it is way too long, and creates a serious hot spot/sore spot in my ears after a few hours or so. So while they are my second favorite for comfort (you guessed it, the IT-07 are number one), they are also second for creating pain over time (Audiosense T800 used to own the number one spot).

The only way I could rectify this is to find a way to pull them away from my ears a bit. To do this, I either needed some really long tips, or to have some tips that can sit outside my ears and seal without having to fully enter my ears (thus holding the nib a bit away from my ears). Aur provided me with a set of dual flange tips, that work well but alas, I couldn't achieve a permanent seal with these. I finally came to the Azla SednaEarfit (oversized), and they do what I am asking them to do. They are way too big to fit into my ears, but with that nib constantly pushing/holding them into my ear canal, they make a great seal, but there isn't added pressure to cause as much of a hot spot.

They still hurt after some hours, but I can deal with that because with taking a little break, it doesn't hurt when I put them back into my ears.

Apr 11, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #708 of 3,539
@ian91, Bravo! 👏👏👏

A well deserved front page for your brilliant review and for Aür Audio.

Screenshot_20230411-172834_Gallery.jpg

Apr 11, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #709 of 3,539
Well, you won't get your first report here that it didn't live up to expectations. :wink: I feel that I got well beyond my money's worth in this set. Plus, they are collectable, and very unique. I wonder how many (in the end) were created overall?! I don't know if they started from order number 1, and if they have the other IEMs mixed in with the numbers, but I have order number #10014.

On top of all of that, I find them supremely comfortable, and the shape was well thought out. Though, if I had to find one negative to say about them, it is also the fitment/shape. the small nib that helps hold them in your ears works great, but for me it is way too long, and creates a serious hot spot/sore spot in my ears after a few hours or so. So while they are my second favorite for comfort (you guessed it, the IT-07 are number one), they are also second for creating pain over time (Audiosense T800 used to own the number one spot).

The only way I could rectify this is to find a way to pull them away from my ears a bit. To do this, I either needed some really long tips, or to have some tips that can sit outside my ears and seal without having to fully enter my ears (thus holding the nib a bit away from my ears). Aur provided me with a set of dual flange tips, that work well but alas, I couldn't achieve a permanent seal with these. I finally came to the Azla SednaEarfit (oversized), and they do what I am asking them to do. They are way too big to fit into my ears, but with that nib constantly pushing/holding them into my ear canal, they make a great seal, but there isn't added pressure to cause as much of a hot spot.

They still hurt after some hours, but I can deal with that because with taking a little break, it doesn't hurt when I put them back into my ears.

I'm glad you're enjoying them and seeing the value they offer! Keep us updated on how your impressions develop. If the 'nib' you're referring to is bit that effaces and 'hooks' the concha, I have already raised this with AuR as I have a similar issue with both Neon Pro and Aure (although less with Aure for some reason). I have suggested they look closer at using a more universal shape in future similar to the Alita if that's practically possible.

@ian91, Bravo! 👏👏👏

A well deserved front page for your brilliant review and for Aür Audio.

Screenshot_20230411-172834_Gallery.jpg

Thank you so much! It was a great surprise to see it front page after a tough day at work. Thanks again for your review of the Aure. If it wasn't for that review and my knowledge of your taste and discernment I wouldn't have purchased the Alita blind.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023 at 11:45 PM Post #711 of 3,539
Dear All and friends

We have reopened our store and however only Alita is available to order for the present. To streamline our production cycle, we have adopted 3D resin shell and we are undergo testing it. We will release Neon Pro once everything is completed
For those new guys that want to get an Alita. Look at that spider webbing faceplate. 😍
20230104_221604.jpg

20230109_221239.jpg
20230109_220326.jpg

Apr 12, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #713 of 3,539
Hi Ian

Thanks for a great review.

Do you know where to get hold off the necessary data to make Convolution filters (WAV files) for Alita?

Torben

Hi Torben,

Thanks for taking the time to read it! :)

I'm not familiar with convolution filters unfortunately. Maybe one of our other wonderful AuRists can help with this.

Apr 12, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #714 of 3,539
Dear All and friends

We have reopened our store and however only Alita is available to order for the present. To streamline our production cycle, we have adopted 3D resin shell and we are undergo testing it. We will release Neon Pro once everything is completed
Alita ordered. Thanks for reopening!

Apr 12, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #715 of 3,539
For those new guys that want to get an Alita. Look at that spider webbing faceplate. 😍20230104_221604.jpg
20230109_221239.jpg20230109_220326.jpg
To beautiful - please stop the teasing... :L3000::beerchug:

Apr 12, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #717 of 3,539
Apr 12, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #719 of 3,539
Yes, it was a Limited Edition...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back