AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Mar 28, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #557 of 3,539
I can't wait to get my Neon Pro and Alita because the Aure is blowing my mind!...
All in so to say....
Good man :beerchug:
I have a hard time not to fall for the Alita too, but with Allusion on the horizon I stand firm....to date... :ksc75smile:

Mar 29, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #560 of 3,539
Mar 29, 2023 at 3:31 AM Post #562 of 3,539
20230326_132903.jpg

The Neon Pro are such a gem (too). I love their musicality and can not praise them enough for the natural, coherent tonality they have been tuned to. The Neon Pro deliver a very refined timbre across the board. Have not encountered a genre yet, they would not be able to handle, and even critical recordings, other of my IEM may struggle to deal with in a satisfying manner, are presented in an enjoyable way. Money well spent imo.
Thanks you

Mar 29, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #563 of 3,539
Glad to see you here man. You're in for a treat!
Thanks very much, and I am glad to be here! :)

I am pretty lucky that I decided to pull the trigger when I did for the Aure. I was told that these are some of the best sounding IEMs regardless of price. I ordered them that very day. :)

I don't have any similar hybrid models other than the iBasso IT-07, so these will (by default) get compared to a $1K set of IEMs; both having 1 DD and 6 BA. The other models also sound intriguing too. I only have one set of all BA (the Audiosense T800), and I really love them for their unique sound profile, and the tuning is good too. That one is an 8 BA setup. Also they are ported as if they had a DD in them and boy does it make them sound like DD bass.

I think one of the things that intrigued me at that time was the fact that it was a completely crossover-less design, but coherency between drivers was immaculate.

Mar 29, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #564 of 3,539

I am pretty lucky that I decided to pull the trigger when I did for the Aure. I was told that these are some of the best sounding IEMs regardless of price. I ordered them that very day. :)

I don't have any similar hybrid models other than the iBasso IT-07, so these will (by default) get compared to a $1K set of IEMs; both having 1 DD and 6 BA. The other models also sound intriguing too. I only have one set of all BA (the Audiosense T800), and I really love them for their unique sound profile, and the tuning is good too. That one is an 8 BA setup. Also they are ported as if they had a DD in them and boy does it make them sound like DD bass.

I think one of the things that intrigued me at that time was the fact that it was a completely crossover-less design, but coherency between drivers was immaculate.

Coherency is a non-issue and it's tuned sensibly for balance and utility. For the price it's stupidly competitive. I do think it's tighter in staging than the Alita but it can be widened with synergy/chain.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it - good and bad - in comparison to your iBasso and other sets.

Mar 29, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #565 of 3,539

Coherency is a non-issue and it's tuned sensibly for balance and utility. For the price it's stupidly competitive. I do think it's tighter in staging than the Alita but it can be widened with synergy/chain.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it - good and bad - in comparison to your iBasso and other sets.
Congratulations. I cannot wait to hear your impressions.

For the price you cannot find a brand that offers totl sound for a fraction of what the big brands charge. Thats what makes AüR Audio appealing; futhermore, each IEM is handcrafted by the mastercraftsman himself Abel from start to finish. How many big brands can say that? Not many since majority use 3D printed, CNC or similar shells.

@samandhi, you're in for a treat.

Mar 29, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #566 of 3,539

If they sound half as good as everyone has said on here (read the whole thread), then I won't have minded paying quite a bit more for mine than others have paid (US $545 or $724.85SGD).

So, by tighter do you mean smaller all around or just less wide? Does that mean that imaging is top notch, and how about dynamics? BAs are really good at handling both micro and macro dynamics (IMHO). I will have a lot to play with.. I use the iBasso DX300 as a source (or DX160 while out and about), and have a tube amp card, the stock card, and a super powerful analytical SS card that I will be using (over 2W from a portable source). Have you tried these with a tube amp, or do you prefer them on a pure SS setup?

I know, I know, just wait and see for yourself... LOL I am just super excited about these; probably more excited than I have been for many years for a new purchase.

P.S. As a side note, I don't think that their website translates USD to SGD correctly. When I put them into my cart, they were $400 something, and when I went to checkout it jumped to $545. The site says that it is in SGD, which is fine, but I actually paid $545 USD, which is $724.85 in SGD.

Mar 29, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #567 of 3,539
If they sound half as good as everyone has said on here (read the whole thread), then I won't have minded paying quite a bit more for mine than others have paid (US $545 or $724.85SGD).

So, by tighter do you mean smaller all around or just less wide? Does that mean that imaging is top notch, and how about dynamics? BAs are really good at handling both micro and macro dynamics (IMHO). I will have a lot to play with.. I use the iBasso DX300 as a source (or DX160 while out and about), and have a tube amp card, the stock card, and a super powerful analytical SS card that I will be using (over 2W from a portable source). Have you tried these with a tube amp, or do you prefer them on a pure SS setup?

I know, I know, just wait and see for yourself... LOL I am just super excited about these; probably more excited than I have been for many years for a new purchase.

P.S. As a side note, I don't think that their website translates USD to SGD correctly. When I put them into my cart, they were $400 something, and when I went to checkout it jumped to $545. The site says that it is in SGD, which is fine, but I actually paid $545 USD, which is $724.85 in SGD.

I imagine it will be the best $545 you have spent (I hope)!

By tighter I mean soundstage width. Instrument separation and imaging within that stage is very informative, however. The dynamics, both macro and micro are top notch. There's an excellent subbass-leaning bass response that glides tightly and cleanly into a clear midrange. You get the rumble, punch and spaciousness that you should when bass it tuned well. I haven't tried any of my AuR IEMs with a tube amp. My impression is that they are super efficient and my Valhalla 2 would have an unacceptably audible noise floor. Your tube amp card will probably pair really well. The Aure seems less sensitive than the all BA Alita (and less sensitive than some other hybrids) so you will still get some decent volume play on your DAP.

My Shanling M8 drives it well (800mW, which is overkill imo) and complements its signature with a bit of a midbass lift. RU6 dongle also drives perfectly fine and increases texture and subbass, keeping it cleaner than the M8.

Interesting about the website. Good spot! Probably an error with the storefront and its conversion tab.

Mar 29, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #568 of 3,539
Congratulations. I cannot wait to hear your impressions.

For the price you cannot find a brand that offers totl sound for a fraction of what the big brands charge. Thats what makes AüR Audio appealing; futhermore, each IEM is handcrafted by the mastercraftsman himself Abel from start to finish. How many big brands can say that? Not many since majority use 3D printed, CNC or similar shells.

@samandhi, you're in for a treat.
Thanks very much! :)

This is one of the reasons they intrigued me so very much. I would not be as excited if they were just simply DIY IEMs, but these REALLY are hand crafted and tuned from start to finish. I will cherish these, and will feel empowered years down the road when Aur Audio is a huge name in the industry, that I got in when they were just starting out (ish)... LOL

That is very true, and I didn't even consider that about the shells being resin cast... That just puts icing on the cake IMO.

One question (for anyone that knows): I notice an umlaught over the U (which my keyboard doesn't do unless I change the layout :)). Does this mean that the pronunciation is like our audio, or is it are audio?

Mar 29, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #569 of 3,539
I imagine it will be the best $545 you have spent (I hope)!
:fingers_crossed:..... No but really, I don't have much doubt (especially after reading all the comments on here). The person that recommended them to me, I trust their ears completely.
By tighter I mean soundstage width. Instrument separation and imaging within that stage is very informative, however. The dynamics, both macro and micro are top notch. There's an excellent subbass-leaning bass response that glides tightly and cleanly into a clear midrange. You get the rumble, punch and spaciousness that you should when bass it tuned well. I haven't tried any of my AuR IEMs with a tube amp. My impression is that they are super efficient and my Valhalla 2 would have an unacceptably audible noise floor. Your tube amp card will probably pair really well. The Aure seems less sensitive than the all BA Alita (and less sensitive than some other hybrids) so you will still get some decent volume play on your DAP.

My Shanling M8 drives it well (800mW, which is overkill imo) and complements its signature with a bit of a midbass lift. RU6 dongle also drives perfectly fine and increases texture and subbass, keeping it cleaner than the M8.
OK! Gotcha'... A bit more intimate.. I can dig that. That ususally does indeed indicate a fantastic imaging and layering (when good transducers are involved) IMO. Would you say that the dynamics are akin to something like Focal phones (known to be some of the best at that)? And the bass sounds like I will love it. I want it when I want it, but I don't want something so overly tuned in the mid-bass that stuff that is NOT supposed to sound bassy does. But, like you said, I DO want some punch too. I don't want it to have rumble but no visceral depth to it.... Do you find the texture to be good on these, or would you consider one of the other models to be better at that, where bass is concerned?

I don't think I will have an issue driving them to volume (or underdamping them either), for all except the tube amp card. I will have to look at the numbers again to know for sure. But it is only capable of 400mW from the highest powered output and has a bit of a hard time driving SOME gear I have. I'll let you know about that one... :)

Also, I don't think I will worry about noise either. Those T800s I have are 9 ohms impedance, and with the DX300, it is completely black. Of course, it DOES have 130dB SNR so I don't think it should matter too much... LOL

Thank you so much for all of your input! All very useful information to me.
Interesting about the website. Good spot! Probably an error with the storefront and its conversion tab.
That is exactly my thought regarding their site also.

Mar 29, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #570 of 3,539
Thanks very much! :)

This is one of the reasons they intrigued me so very much. I would not be as excited if they were just simply DIY IEMs, but these REALLY are hand crafted and tuned from start to finish. I will cherish these, and will feel empowered years down the road when Aur Audio is a huge name in the industry, that I got in when they were just starting out (ish)... LOL

That is very true, and I didn't even consider that about the shells being resin cast... That just puts icing on the cake IMO.

One question (for anyone that knows): I notice an umlaught over the U (which my keyboard doesn't do unless I change the layout :)). Does this mean that the pronunciation is like our audio, or is it are audio?
Good question, only now the use from German myself where its pronounced as Y.

Ü (lowercase ü) is a Latin script character composed of the letter U and the diaeresis diacritical mark. In some alphabets such as those of a number of Romance languages or Guarani it denotes an instance of regular U to be construed in isolation from adjacent characters with which it would usually form a larger unit; other alphabets like the Azerbaijani, Estonian, German, Hungarian and Turkish ones treat it as a letter in its own right. In those cases it typically represents a close front rounded vowel [y] (listen).

Although not a part of their alphabet, Ü also appears in languages such as Finnish and Swedish when retained in foreign proper names like München ("Munich"). A small number of Dutch and Afrikaans words employ the character to mark vowel hiatus (e.g. reünie /reːyˈni/ ("reunion"), a loanword marked with diaeresis to suppress the native reading of eu as a digraph pronounced /øː/).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back