9th Calgary Headfi Meet! Sept 8 2013
Aug 14, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #31 of 125
pretty sure I can make it,

IEMS:

Earsonics SM3 V1 (filters removed)
TDK BA200
UE900 (pinholes blocked)

Headphone
Sennheiser PC350 (hero modded, if anyones interested because everone else is bringing totl stuff)

trying to get my friend to go as well

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #32 of 125
I moved away from Calgary not very long ago and have since gotten into Head fi ! So it looks like I found this place a little too late. I have just picked up a pair of Ultrasone Pro 900's and an Fiio E17. wish I could be there ! 

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #35 of 125
So i might be able to make calgary. I may have a meeting in calgary on the monday business related and if so i will come down sunday to attend event.

If i can come down i can bring the following
VMODA M100
Skullcandy Mixmasters
I also have access to a vault of headphones at the store. For instance
AKGK550, Q701
Sennheiser HD650, HD598,HD558
Monster DNA
Noise cancelling
Ferrari T350
Ferrari R300
Fiio E17

Aug 15, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #36 of 125
lol great,

so we will have the big 5 in the meeting

LCD-3, HD800, T1 , PS-1000 , HE-6

wish someone may have bought the TH900 lol

if jaycalgary can come it will be perfect with his stax 009 and other stax gears
( he did say , there is a good chance)

EVERYONE, lets cross our fingers!!!!

Aug 15, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #37 of 125
lol great,

so we will have the big 5 in the meeting

LCD-3, HD800, T1 , PS-1000 , HE-6

wish someone may have bought the TH900 lol

if jaycalgary can come it will be perfect with his stax 009 and other stax gears
( he did say , there is a good chance)

EVERYONE, lets cross our fingers!!!!
Now i have to find a way to cone because Audeze is what im seriously consideribg.

Aug 16, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #40 of 125
I'll take this opportunity to ask a few questions. As you should be able to see, I've just joined Head-Fi.
I'm really jonesing to get my first good pair of headphones and/or ear buds, so I came on this site to research and ask some questions - I had been planning on buying something in the next couple of days. However, now that we'll be meeting in only a few weeks, I feel I should hold off.

That being said, will the structure of the meeting allow me to make a better informed decision i.e. will I be able to listen to some of what people bring or should I go out and buy something so I can have something to share with all of you?

Aug 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #41 of 125
Quote:
I'll take this opportunity to ask a few questions. As you should be able to see, I've just joined Head-Fi.
I'm really jonesing to get my first good pair of headphones and/or ear buds, so I came on this site to research and ask some questions - I had been planning on buying something in the next couple of days. However, now that we'll be meeting in only a few weeks, I feel I should hold off.

That being said, will the structure of the meeting allow me to make a better informed decision i.e. will I be able to listen to some of what people bring or should I go out and buy something so I can have something to share with all of you?

I would try a bunch of things and order what best suits your tastes rather than going in blind :wink:

Aug 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #42 of 125
Quote:

I would try a bunch of things and order what best suits your tastes rather than going in blind :wink:

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #43 of 125
I may need to come down from Edmonton too. I just saw this thread, so I don't know how likely it is, but if I can I probably will.

I would be bringing my Grado 325is and Leckerton UHA-6S MII (with OPA 8610). I might be able to borrow a couple goodies as well.

I'll let you know if I'm able to attend.

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #44 of 125
I'm not sure how this works as I'm pretty new. If I have a friend or two who are into headphones and they have something to bring can I invite them? Do they need to be on Head-fi to attend?

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #45 of 125
Quote:
I'm not sure how this works as I'm pretty new. If I have a friend or two who are into headphones and they have something to bring can I invite them? Do they need to be on Head-fi to attend?

I'm assuming they can attend, member or not. Just let OP know that they're coming. I'm in the same situation as you as two of my friends into audio may be coming in. Take my info lightly as I may be wrong though.

Question also, will people be buying/selling 'phones, DAC's and amps as well? First time to a Headfi meet and I'm excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back