9th Calgary Headfi Meet! Sept 8 2013
Aug 3, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #16 of 125
Hi all,

As long as my health doesn't throw another kink in the works, I plan to attend the meeting for Sat. Sept. 7th, from 12pm - 5pm. Might be worth changing the thread title or starting a new one with the correct date. I'll be bringing the following gear:

Headphones:

Sennheiser HD800
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm
JVC HA-S600-B

IEMs:

Shure SE-215
Shure SE-530

Desktop Amps:

Fiio E9 (older version of current E09K)
Bryston BHA-1 (if finances permit before the end of Aug)

Portable Amp/DAC:

Fiio E17
RSA Intruder (again, if finances permit before the end of Aug)

Players:

MacBook Pro 15" - iTunes + Bitperfect
iPhone 5
iPad Mini

Dale

Aug 8, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #17 of 125
guys, if its anyway possible to have a meet on a Sunday, i will be in (i work saturdays). i can bring a cardas cabled HD800, black dragon Beyer T1, Grado PS500, Audio Technica W1000X, Maddogs & my beast of an amp....Audio Space 300b which fwiw, drives the Senns, T1 amazingly. infact i think it drives the PS500 & W1000X very well too.

let me know is possible to do this on a Sunday as i'd love meet some fellow Calgarian headfiers.

Aug 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #19 of 125
i'll do my best but no promises, work is work

if i can come i'll bring any of my limited gear (he400, sr80i, e17, magni/modi)

would be fun to meet some calgary headfiers!

Aug 9, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #20 of 125
cool! sunday is great! i can bring

headphones:
cardas HD800
blk dragon T1
Grado PS500
Audio Technica W1000X
MadDogs
AKG K702

amps:
custom SE OPT EL84/12ax7
Audio Space AS-6i 300b 
Audio Gd Pheonix (mayb as its also big & heavy)

dac:
Violectric V800

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #21 of 125
With the change to Sunday, I might only be able to come until 3pm as I have family in town that weekend and we have a big family dinner planned.

Also, I will not be bringing the BHA-1 or the RSA-Intruder amps - I've had to delay the purchases due to some unplanned for medical expenses.

Hope to see you all there!

Dale

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #22 of 125
Im new to the forum and wondering what happens at these meets? I got a store in edmonton with 36 sets of headphones on demo. I have been contemplating having a get together at tge store kind of like a beer tasting except audiophiles show up and listen. So gove me more info please

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #23 of 125
Im new to the forum and wondering what happens at these meets? I got a store in edmonton with 36 sets of headphones on demo. I have been contemplating having a get together at tge store kind of like a beer tasting except audiophiles show up and listen. So gove me more info please

That's exactly what these meets are about - a local gathering of headphone enthusiasts that get together to share their experiences and equipment. Previous meets here in Calgary have been hosted by The Audio Room, a local vendor. The Audio Room not only supplied some equipment for us to evaluate, but allowed us to setup tables for our own equipment. Everyone just walks around talking to each other about their particular experiences and equipment, with most everyone trying out a variety of different gear.

We've had previous attendance from some Edmonton enthusiasts but I personally haven't gone to any meets in the Edmonton area. You're welcome to join us for the upcoming Calgary meet. You may also want to post an 'Interest Check' thread in the Local Meets sub-forum. Here's some examples of past Edmonton meets:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/607840/edmonton-meet

http://www.head-fi.org/t/437860/ic-edmonton-alberta

Let us know if you want to join us at the next meet and what, if any, equipment you'll be bringing.

Dale

Aug 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #24 of 125
Than
That's exactly what these meets are about - a local gathering of headphone enthusiasts that get together to share their experiences and equipment. Previous meets here in Calgary have been hosted by The Audio Room, a local vendor. The Audio Room not only supplied some equipment for us to evaluate, but allowed us to setup tables for our own equipment. Everyone just walks around talking to each other about their particular experiences and equipment, with most everyone trying out a variety of different gear.

We've had previous attendance from some Edmonton enthusiasts but I personally haven't gone to any meets in the Edmonton area. You're welcome to join us for the upcoming Calgary meet. You may also want to post an 'Interest Check' thread in the Local Meets sub-forum. Here's some examples of past Edmonton meets:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/607840/edmonton-meet

http://www.head-fi.org/t/437860/ic-edmonton-alberta

Let us know if you want to join us at the next meet and what, if any, equipment you'll be bringing.

Dale
thanks for the invite i will see if i can make it to town. Ill let you know. If not maybe in the future.

Aug 13, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #26 of 125
Count me in! I'll bring:
Ultrasone Signature Pro's
Ultrasone HFI-580
Fiio X3

Maybe: Audioengine D1
Maverick audio A1
Hm601 parts
Shure SRH-750
ATH-M50 (If people are interested in any of these 5, I'll bring the item in)

Also, I screamed like a girl when I saw this HeadFi meet on the frontpage of HeadFi. Soo happy to go to one of these.

Aug 13, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #27 of 125
Count me in! I'll bring:
Ultrasone Signature Pro's
Ultrasone HFI-580
Fiio X3

Maybe: Audioengine D1
Maverick audio A1
Hm601 parts
Shure SRH-750
ATH-M50 (If people are interested in any of these 5, I'll bring the item in)

Also, I screamed like a girl when I saw this HeadFi meet on the frontpage of HeadFi. Soo happy to go to one of these.
I really want to come down from edmonton. I hoever work that saturday 9am to 5pm so i can not make it. Glad you gave lots of notice. Anyone going to denver on october?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back