$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Jan 18, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #4,786 of 6,549
I love love love the JH 13 with my Calyx, I was worried that I would need to use the clunky adapter but it sounds great straight out of the jack. Also it shockingly drives the Audeze LCD-X  with ease and sounds stunning. 

My only quibble is the time it takes to read the cards each time I start it up and the meager battery life.
Wait for Calyx F! I think they will improve battery life in that model. It's coming within few months.

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #4,789 of 6,549
Dear, I've got a deal on a Koss ESP-950 electostatic combo. Do you think the pairing with the Calyx M will be interesting? See, I don't plan on investing in a desktop rig, so the M will be my only source for a while. I would listen to the ESP-950 at home, as the energizer isn't exaclty portable. What do you think?

Currently I have a SE846 and a HD650, and I'm waiting for my custom Mentor to arrive. I think the ESP-950 would be a welcome addition to the family.

Jan 18, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #4,794 of 6,549
lol, finally came around on the K3003 huh?

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #4,796 of 6,549
lol, finally came around on the K3003 huh?

Yea took me by a surprise. I think credit should go to calyx M 1.01.
What got me is how the bass decays and how wide it sounds while that peak treble that is evidently there when I have the k3003 plugged to something like and O2 is simply not there.

This is a great example of what synergy means.

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #4,798 of 6,549
Yea took me by a surprise. I think credit should go to calyx M 1.01.
What got me is how the bass decays and how wide it sounds while that peak treble that is evidently there when I have the k3003 plugged to something like and O2 is simply not there.

This is a great example of what synergy means.

Man I wish I'd still had the K3K when I had the M. I remember the UERM sounding awesome with the M. I'm looking forward to the Calyx PaT. I enjoyed the sound of the M, but the various aspects of its user experience really left me wanting. 

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #4,800 of 6,549
K3003 and calyx M has made me ignore the rest of my geaI

I ended up picking up the K3003's that were originally owned by Idsynchrono_24's off another very cool Headfi'er. I received them last week and I couldn't be happier with them.

They sound really awesome with the M and since getting them have been in my ears more than my Lab 1's. Both the Lab 1's and the k3003 sound excellent with the M and very different. I think they compliment each other really well and I feel very lucky to have 2 outstanding iems to choose from. The K3003's (with reference filter) + M is a very powerful, resolving and energetic sound with great bass decay and excellent highs. At first I felt the highs were a bit too much but have since gotten used to them and think they are excellent. The vocal presentation is really nice also. The sound is very addictive. I also really like the high boost filter which I think has a more cohesive treble and a lovely fragile energy, not a lot of bass but a very interesting good quality bass nonetheless. The reference filter has more genre versatility though.

Geez I wish the M had better battery life. Flew from Aus to NZ yesterday and went straight out to do some exploring and the M ran out of juice even though I charged it on the plane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back