$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Jan 8, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #4,771 of 6,549
Fixed it.  :)

Did this.. 

1.In case of CalymM logo doesn't appear after pressing the power button for 3~4 seconds,
Press the power button longer(more like 10 secounds, if CalyxM logo appears before 10 seconds, press the button for a while again)
Take off your finger from the power button,
Press the Fast Farward button and while you press the button, connect the charger,
Charge your device for about 60minutes by this method, Press the power button till CalyxM logo dissapears,
and press the power button again, the device will start booting and will start charging.

Jan 8, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #4,773 of 6,549
Let us know your thoughts on the sound.

IT is  pretty stunning with my IE800. As a standalone DAP I think it's very very good. Basa is extraordinary, soundstage is wide, very very deep! 
So far with iem's its very good, I need to try it with some fullsize headphones later. Really stunning player, the only downside is that it took me very long to get him running. ALAC plays flawlessly from 44.1 to 192khz, very good indeed. 

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #4,774 of 6,549
I want to apologize for muddying the waters with my revisit of the desirability of the Aclear Porta with M + Lab 1. That was a detour and I should not have posted so quickly.

To be clear, M + Aclear Porta NXT-2AK + Lab 1 is the most enjoyable portable rig that I have heard. (And there is certainly much that I have not - such as the AK240...)

As I have said before, it does not benefit every IEM with the M. But the above combination blows me away again and again.

So no, the NXT-2AK is not for sale. :)

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #4,775 of 6,549
Why is it when I try to copy some files onto my Calyx M a message appears something like "Calyx may not be able to play this file" and true enough, those file will not be able to be read in my player.

These files are normal FLAC or WAV files that work well in my other players like AK240, TERA etc....so I know its not the files problem.

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #4,776 of 6,549
^ Windows always gives me that message but I copy anyway and the files play fine. So I think that the problem isn't the message but rather why your files don't play. There my situation is not comparable since my portable files are all re-encoded to Lame 320 kbps MP3s.

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #4,777 of 6,549
I've received the same error message too using Windows but have never had any problems with my M playing any of the files.  I also receive an error message in the system tray when the M is first connected to my Windows Laptop too (i.e. device not recognized or device didn't install properly).  I contacted the US Calyx M distributor who told me so long as I can see the M under my Computer and copy to and play files from then I shouldn't worry about the message.  The US Distributor said his M behaves similarly.

Jan 14, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #4,778 of 6,549
  I've received the same error message too using Windows but have never had any problems with my M playing any of the files.  I also receive an error message in the system tray when the M is first connected to my Windows Laptop too (i.e. device not recognized or device didn't install properly).  I contacted the US Calyx M distributor who told me so long as I can see the M under my Computer and copy to and play files from then I shouldn't worry about the message.  The US Distributor said his M behaves similarly.

Same here but I think it is because the M does not start to communicate with Windows via USB until you choose from its on-screen menu: Charge only, File Transfer, or USB DAC. Windows therefore initially sees a communication error. However, as soon as one selects File Transfer (or something else), communication is established.

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #4,780 of 6,549
I am looking for an IEM that aces imaging and instrument placement. Guys do you have any recommendation for me ? I posted it here as I want it to pair with calyx M. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #4,781 of 6,549
I feel like the ASG 1 Plus images very well. It's too bad I no longer have the Calyx M. Would be interesting to see how the 1 Plus sounds though the M 

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #4,783 of 6,549
Unfortunately not, I sold the K3003 well before I ever picked up the Calyx M. It's funny cause the K3003 was recently sold to another guy whom I keep in touch with lol 

Jan 18, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #4,784 of 6,549
I love love love the JH 13 with my Calyx, I was worried that I would need to use the clunky adapter but it sounds great straight out of the jack. Also it shockingly drives the Audeze LCD-X  with ease and sounds stunning. 

My only quibble is the time it takes to read the cards each time I start it up and the meager battery life.

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #4,785 of 6,549
I also absolutely love the M with my JH13FP's. Like you I am also glad that I do not to utilize the adapter.

I am not very concerned about the battery life as I only need to charge it once or twice a week as I do not get alot of listening time.

Hopefully Calyx addresses the read time and a few other issues in the next firmware, such as a real folder browser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back