$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Dec 20, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #4,696 of 6,549
How long does it take to load 256GB of files when you turn it on?
I have more than 600GB of FLAC library. I'd love to be able to carry them all.

600 dollars for a 512GB SD card is not bad. I'm sure there will be a cheaper version of this SD card by other companies such as PNY.
I'm considering buying this with M.

I only have 64 GB loaded inside, it is pretty fast (under 20 second) but when I had the 128 GB connected it took upto few minutes. My tags are pretty clean and has no junk so it can vary.

Dec 20, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #4,699 of 6,549
230GB of music took about 5 minutes to scan

That's pretty long time for a portable device. Say, you turn that device on the street, then you have to wait 5 mins!

They should remove this process. Rockbox OS works fine without scanning.

And when can we get a proper folder navigator??
512GB SD would be very messy without a proper folder navigator.

Dec 21, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #4,700 of 6,549
I never had any problems with the volume slider whatsoever. Never bumped the volume more than I wished, never did the piece fall of. I think people just want to nitpick and find problems where there are none. Sure, say about the battery life (which is the same for many other high-end DAPs) or the lag, but the volume slider imho is perfect.

For my low impedance CIEM, the slider is really hard for me to do a minor adjustment on the volume, even the onscreen slider, both are difficult to control

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #4,701 of 6,549
Okay so I am sending my first unit back to audio advisor when I receive the fedex box from them. They are giving a full refund and even covering the return shipping. They also offered to reduce the price of the unit as it is used however I decided to order another unit. Great customer service. They had no other m's available though.

I purchased and received another M from Acoustic Sounds and although the outer brown box that holds the m box is torn in the cradle that holds the m box in place, this M is sealed. The m box itself is covered with shrink wrap.

I decided to read this thread in its entirety before opening it and I was wondering if anyone had any issues with the m and the jh13 fp's?

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #4,702 of 6,549
  you are definitely going to regret selling the parterre after its gone :p

Try the k10 custom, actually they have a universal now that might work well as well. It synergises with the M quite well

Of course I will regret it, I regret selling my ie800's too......but, it's all part of the journey. Now what next....maybe K10's, maybe some Ocharaku's? K3003's? Addicted to Audio are sending my M jack out to me tomorrow so shouldn't have to worry about impedance issues. What has killer synergy?

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #4,703 of 6,549
  Of course I will regret it, I regret selling my ie800's too......but, it's all part of the journey. Now what next....maybe K10's, maybe some Ocharaku's? K3003's? Addicted to Audio are sending my M jack out to me tomorrow so shouldn't have to worry about impedance issues. What has killer synergy?

Did you contact addicted to audio about your M jack or they contacted you?

Dec 21, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #4,704 of 6,549
Re: Scanning time
It takes reasonably short time upon power on if the contents of the memory cards are not updated. It takes long time only when new files are added to the card, or some files are deleted (hence I recommend deleting files from M's UI directly). Card swapping can be troublesome. I'm using a 128g micro sd, a 256g sd and some 128 sds.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #4,705 of 6,549
I finally opened the M this morning and currently have it charging. The funny thing is even though it was sealed with cellophane the sleeve that slides off has a different serial number than the card and the unit, both the card and the unit match. The inner box with the usb cables also contained the impedance adapter. I am thinking that acoustic sounds may have been adding the adapters to multiple boxes and mistakenly placed the wroung sleeve on my box and then sealed the boxes. Why is it so hard to find a new factory sealed M from a distributor?

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #4,706 of 6,549
Re: Scanning time
It takes reasonably short time upon power on if the contents of the memory cards are not updated. It takes long time only when new files are added to the card, or some files are deleted (hence I recommend deleting files from M's UI directly). Card swapping can be troublesome. I'm using a 128g micro sd, a 256g sd and some 128 sds.

So, how long does it take to load 480GB?

Dec 22, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #4,707 of 6,549
So, how long does it take to load 480GB?

It took about 2min from booting, but actually you can access every song after 30 sec from booting without file update.

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #4,709 of 6,549
Did you contact addicted to audio about your M jack or they contacted you?

I gave Addicted to audio a call on Friday, they sent it on Monday, arrived today - Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back