$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Jun 30, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #3,346 of 6,549
  Yeap... improved. Seems like it's a different player...
I'm playing files, most of'em are flacs or bigger onez... 
it's been running for almost 6 hours and not dead yet.
Seems like it just meet what D&A's claim about if  not better.
The heat problem seems no more an issue.. cos it doesn't get hot after playing 3 dsd albums straight.
Anda... the the most welcome change to me.... no more clipping sound!! yay! lol

Cool, let us know how long it lasted in total. Eight hours?
Six hours is not bad at all. 

Jun 30, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #3,347 of 6,549

Cool, let us know how long it lasted in total. Eight hours?
Six hours is not bad at all. 

Sure... It's almost 5o' clock in the morning so I gotta have some sleep... and I didn't timed exactly.(all I know is I firm-uped  around 11 and didn't stop at all till now and it's still going. I'll time exactly after I get up and will report immediately.:p

Jun 30, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #3,348 of 6,549

Oh dear...

I was worried about the expression "Folder Play". Browsing, dudes!

Hey bro...
Most of the people reporting now seems Korean or people who lives in Korea(could be from anywhere else though)... since M is quite spread out only in korea.
If that is the right condition, could you accept some "words" which seems like direct translation from Korean?
it gets silly if you pickin on everything. Ain't it?

Jun 30, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #3,349 of 6,549
  Hey bro...
Most of the people reporting now seems Korean or people who lives in Korea(could be from anywhere else though)... since M is quite spread out only in korea.
If that is the right condition, could you accept some "words" which seems like direct translation from Korean?
it gets silly if you pickin on everything. Ain't it?

Um... You miss my point. I don't care about the English (which seems to be absolutely correct). I'm upset that they provided Folder Play instead of Folder Browsing. They need the Browsing feature. See pekingduck's post above.

Jun 30, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #3,350 of 6,549

Um... You miss my point. I don't care about the English (which seems to be absolutely correct). I'm upset that they provided Folder Play instead of Folder Browsing. They need the Browsing feature. See pekingduck's post above.

Sorry for the misunderstanding...
I didn't even give a try though...(So I couldn't get your point... I was kinda fit to the .6 UI after 3 weeks w/ my calyx M , so called "folder play" was out of my interest)
I thought Folder play meant something as browsing. Ma'bad

Jun 30, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #3,352 of 6,549
yawn
biggrin.gif

popcorn.gif

Very quiet thread not much exciting things happening here.
ph34r.gif

Jun 30, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #3,353 of 6,549
  yawn
biggrin.gif

popcorn.gif

Very quiet thread not much exciting things happening here.
ph34r.gif

Hope I can provide you some exciting info soon...
Sound wise... All you gotta believe for sure are only your ears(I think) so It's the best to give a try to listen,
but I think something as battery latency can be quite informative...
I'm timing the battery latency now:p
I will report the data within today.
Good news : it doesn't get hot at all, not any more... even when you play 3 dsd albums straight non stopping.
Imagine how the result will come out.

Jun 30, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #3,354 of 6,549
  Hope I can provide you some exciting info soon...
Sound wise... All you gotta believe for sure are only your ears(I think) so It's the best to give a try to listen,
but I think something as battery latency can be quite informative...
I'm timing the battery latency now:p
I will report the data within today.
Good news : it doesn't get hot at all, not any more... even when you play 3 dsd albums straight non stopping.
Imagine how the result will come out.

Great. I hope it lasts 10 hours!
I just sent a message to Calyx developers. I wish they fix folder view option soon. It's apparent that they're not audiophiles.

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #3,355 of 6,549
I think it's bad for the volume control, I can't even know how large of the volume by numbers, I think AK series have a great solution on this. Anyway I rather M SQ than AK series.

Jul 1, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #3,356 of 6,549
I have a question for hellGeeea, pekingduck and other lucky M owners. Let's forget about Folder Browsing for now since it does not work...

My tags are all good - everything tagged by Artist and Album - and they work perfectly in Foobar's Facets browser. I want to know how they will work on the M.

My Gentle Giant artist folder has 10 albums in subfolders. So if I use the M:use (i.e. tag) browsing system on the M to go into "Artists", I will see Gentle Giant on the list, right? Then when I click on Gentle Giant, what will I see? Will there be ten distinct albums to choose from according to the tags?

Thanks!

Jul 1, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #3,357 of 6,549

My Gentle Giant artist folder has 10 albums in subfolders. So if I use the M:use (i.e. tag) browsing system on the M to go into "Artists", I will see Gentle Giant on the list, right? Then when I click on Gentle Giant, what will I see? Will there be ten distinct albums to choose from according to the tags?

What appears is the albums + tracks list composed of ten albums and its tracks. You can play each track choosing a track or select an album by pressing its album tab long. IMO it is one of the most serious flaws in M's interface. For example I have 30 albums and 539 tracks under the artist "Ludwig van Beethoven" right now (even without fully packing an 128G card, and not using a 256G card). It's not so convenient to choose a track there. It is not impossible because the scroll speed can be quite fast, but you have to remember where the album is in the list. IMO, the most reasonable usage of M's interface right now is use both of the artist list and the search feature depending on the target you want.

Jul 1, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #3,358 of 6,549
  What appears is the albums + tracks list composed of ten albums and its tracks. You can play each track choosing a track or select an album by pressing its album tab long. IMO it is one of the most serious flaws in M's interface. For example I have 30 albums and 539 tracks under the artist "Ludwig van Beethoven" right now (even without fully packing an 128G card, and not using a 256G card). It's not so convenient to choose a track there. It is not impossible because the scroll speed can be quite fast, but you have to remember where the album is in the list. IMO, the most reasonable usage of M's interface right now is use both of the artist list and the search feature defending on the target you want.

Thanks for the reply. Actually this is not so bad for me. My maximum albums per band is 16 for Genesis and then 15 for R.E.M.  That is a fair bit of scrolling in each case but not so terrible.

Are the albums not in alphabetical order by name within the artist?

Jul 1, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #3,359 of 6,549

Are the albums not in alphabetical order by name within the artist?

Alphabetical order or course, but when the number of albums and tracks is big, it's not so easy to predict to where you have to scroll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back