$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Feb 15, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #5,282 of 6,549
For those in the US interested in a deal for the Calyx M. I found that Sonic Electronix allows you to name your own price. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_96520_Calyx-M-M1.html  I was able to put in $800 and they accepted the price. Currently it's out of stock, but you can place the order. I'm not sure when they will get another batch. If you are not in a rush, I think it's a great deal for a brand new M from an authorized dealer. Unfortunately I have to pay California tax.

Feb 16, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #5,284 of 6,549
I might take the plunge at $800. It just sounds too good. Anyone has experience with 3rd party insurance like Squaretrade. I wonder if they will cover battery failure. That's my main concern given it's nonremovable.

Feb 16, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #5,285 of 6,549
  No problem, anytime. I friend of mine locally also has a calyx m. So once I get the windowsX FW him and I can meet and I will post an impression afterward. I know soundwise 1.01 has really got the sound the way I like it, a good complement to LPG.

Hey, I just read about the WindowsX firmware and very much looking forward to your impressions/comparison before/after FW update. Cheers!

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #5,287 of 6,549
Out of all the daps I tried and owned/own I will say calyx M is my favourite sounding of them all. It is a real close battle between this and LPG and a very short brief period the AK380 but hands down calyx m does it for me. 

If I did not max out my Credit Card the windowsX FW would be paid for by now, there is always next month. 

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #5,292 of 6,549
I am very excited to hear about the alternative firmware! I would be very happy to see the following issues solved:

- playback stops because of "damaged file". If the song is selected again, playback works fine. Happens more often with large files, i.e., high bitrates
- slight "pop" between songs
- when playback stops there is a loud crackling sound after a few seconds. It would be great if that could be removed (volume to zero when player stops)
- the clock is horribly inaccurate :)

How much is the fw and is it possible to go back to the original fw?

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #5,293 of 6,549
  I am very excited to hear about the alternative firmware! I would be very happy to see the following issues solved:

- playback stops because of "damaged file". If the song is selected again, playback works fine. Happens more often with large files, i.e., high bitrates
- slight "pop" between songs
- when playback stops there is a loud crackling sound after a few seconds. It would be great if that could be removed (volume to zero when player stops)
- the clock is horribly inaccurate :)

How much is the fw and is it possible to go back to the original fw?

I asked Windows X, for the price i think it would be better for him to answer your question. but yes he said you can revert back to the original FW.

Feb 18, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #5,295 of 6,549
PM sent. I think I'll update Calyx M again to make sure it has recent changes from iBasso firmware.

Regards,
Windows X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back