$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
May 12, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #2,687 of 6,549
Yes it's thick alright lol, this one will have to be heard to evaluate it. I like the box presentation, wish it would come with a case though, for that price I don't think it'd be asking for too much.

Sadly... I need to buy a leather case separately...
It comes w/fabric pouch though...
yeah... additional case wouldn't really hurt...

May 12, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #2,688 of 6,549
I received mine last night, and can't say much yet. But its sound is anything but 'thick'. Very very refined, smooth and silky. Resolution is extremely high but never fatiguing. Well if someone used the adjective 'thick' meaning that the imaging is not pinpoint, it makes sense. Every image of instruments and voices has some body around it, but their locations are simply exact. You can know spacial relationships between instruments very well. Listened with Fi-ba-ss.

May 12, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #2,689 of 6,549
Am I seeing it correctly? The production version has a different color than the demo? I don't see the copper color on the side and back and I can see it in black. Or is it just the background light messing up with the color when the picture was taken?

May 12, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #2,690 of 6,549
  Am I seeing it correctly? The production version has a different color than the demo? I don't see the copper color on the side and back and I can see it in black. Or is it just the background light messing up with the color when the picture was taken?

Nahh,,, It's just camera... I think ..

May 12, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #2,691 of 6,549
I'll get mine sometime in the end of next week..(just got e-mail from Calyx today)

but some of the early pre-order got to home of a member of  my DAC user community today...

Here you can see the copper color is still there. It seems the M sound signature was tweaked after seeing the production release impressions...

May 12, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #2,692 of 6,549
Here you can see the copper color is still there. It seems the M sound signature was tweaked after seeing the production release impressions...

oh... really... 
what's up?
I better check mine anda... hmm.

well, It's gonna be more than a week I'm waiting to get my $hit man...damn...

Hope what yer worrying is not true in fact:)

The original color was coppler-like( I mean, a bit metallic since the body is made out of whatever metal) browny color anyway...

May 12, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #2,694 of 6,549
I was just making a conclusion since early demo impressions indicate that they have a warm signature but the production sound impressions is different.

The box really reminds me of AK ones, I thought it would be cool if they use the same material but with lighter color like white-brown combination.

May 12, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #2,695 of 6,549
This still reads amazing to me. Please someone do get this thing and listen to some really busy stuff and tell me how it performs.:tongue_smile:

Does it get muddy when hit with a huge ovepowering symphony
How does it treat guitars

High res sounds wonderful. I may be in the mood the spend sooner rather than later.

May 12, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #2,696 of 6,549
Hey try putting it in and out of tight pants and tell us how the volume slider reacts.  
evil_smiley.gif

May 12, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #2,700 of 6,549
  Hey atleast it's not a Hugo.  You need cargo pants for those.  
biggrin.gif

For the M, you need hip-hop pants for nice comfortable fit.

izit a good one?
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back