$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Mar 4, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #1,486 of 6,549
^^ Magnetic linkage has real advantages. It is one less gap to get mucked up with dust and crud. I assume that they will offer replacements (or even include one) although I don't see it likely that anyone will actually lose it who is not purposely taking it off. 

All will be revealed at some point.

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #1,487 of 6,549
After watching the video, I keep my doubts about the slider system.

1) It is obviously the prototype unit. So I mean, the volume slider is not flush proud (sorry for wrong word decision, my bad) like in the picture they told us that going in production. This might cause issues because in the so called production unit, the slider is placed quite outside of the device itself.

2) Yes one less thing to cover with dust but one more thing to lose. I seriously hope they include 2 extra sliders in the package.

3) I am not worried about the precise stepping, I have a feeling like volume control quite precise, it is just, our fingers shouldn't shake
happy_face1.gif

So, I am not relieved and definitely doesn't feel comfortable about the slider. I keep my hopes for the production unit changes but I have a feeling like they will keep the "flush" slider just like in the photo. Which is shame.

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #1,488 of 6,549
Maybe so but really simple +/- buttons would have been more than sufficient and I never had any issues with dust and crud when those are designed correctly. This is where the "KISS" principle applies. Ok now we've got a fancy magnetic button that will move the volume up and down swell.
cool.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #1,492 of 6,549

I just hope they'll be truthful. If it's not up to par they can admit it while if it really is better than all the more happier we all will be.
Being honest in these situations is a refreshing change and it'll increase trust and loyalty to their products :wink:

They could be honest and you not agree. All I care about is them doing the best they can. Every HiEnd maker like to think their kit is best. There's a huge gap between best and not up to par.

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #1,496 of 6,549
This is going to make Mython's head explode lol

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #1,498 of 6,549
I just watched the video on youtube and it's silly. Traditional buttons would be so much better - this is a useless gimmick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back