96 hours...
Jun 14, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #76 of 79
Whatever method you use, it is soo worth it..in months i had not had an enjoyable moment in nature like this last weekend. Was at the beach on saturday and a hike in the gorge on sunday and barbecue in the evening. If I had been smoking, there is no way I would've been able to enjoy the great food and company or manage the 7 mile hike with no water, provisions. Especially given my history with asthma
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 16, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #78 of 79
Avoid being bored, keep busy, chew gum, chew on toothpicks (my personal favorite).  It's usually when I'm bored, drinking or around others that smoke that I get cravings (officially quit 6 years ago, but it's on and off as of late after some serious stress in my life).

Another great remedy to smoking - start working out and better yet, martial arts.  When you are getting your butt kicked and you're running out of breath, it'll motivate you like nothing else.

Jun 16, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #79 of 79

Quote:
Avoid being bored, keep busy, chew gum, chew on toothpicks (my personal favorite).  It's usually when I'm bored, drinking or around others that smoke that I get cravings (officially quit 6 years ago, but it's on and off as of late after some serious stress in my life).

Another great remedy to smoking - start working out and better yet, martial arts.  When you are getting your butt kicked and you're running out of breath, it'll motivate you like nothing else.

While this is usually considered good advice and not to pick on you, the Easyway method (see my above post) amazingly leaves you so that you NEVER get cravings.  No need for toothpicks or anything else to divert your attention.  Very shortly after you quit (within a couple weeks) you don't even think about cigarettes much less crave for them.  It's really an extraordinary book.  You can go to allencarreasyway.com and read hundreds upon hundreds of testimonials from people who have smoked a pack a day for 40 years and have tried everything to quit and quit with ease by reading his book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back