+ 936.42
Oct 13, 2008 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

aaron313

Headphoneus Supremus
Largest one day gain in the history of the Dow.

Congrats to those who have money invested in the stock market; you can breathe a bit easier today. That would include my parents (who were freaking out all weekend), and myself. Hopefully we can avert another historic plunge for now (like, for at least a week).

Oct 13, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 15
Sorry dude, I don't know how old you are or if you know anything about economics, but do you really believe that this is positive in any aspect?!?!? Or that it might be considered as good sign? That the problem is over?

Seriously...
confused_face(1).gif
confused_face(1).gif
:confused_face (1):

Oct 13, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 15
aaron, stock markets are still down over 10% compared to last monday, also stocks will continue to fall. this was a temporary rise due to the announcement by eu leaders. The stock will continue to fall because the markets will now have to deal with the mass recession. up untill now they have been falling because of the credit crisis.

Oct 13, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 15
It's all part of the zionist agenda which is part of the illuminati agenda, we the untermensch are but slaves and puppets to the grand scheme the reptillians have planned out for us. Now all i have to do is build my Tesla hover-board and hone my archery/hunting/animal skinning skills along with my log cabin building abilities and i am set for the imminent global economic collapse. Oh yeah, it may be handy if i brush up on crop cultivation, crop rotation and irrigation methods- a return to a more subsistance level of living will be good for all and will reinforce family values and just plain old decency among humans.
All this while waiting for the mothership to come and Nibiru to return to our solar system.

Ps- i think i've spent too much time lately at too many alternative news and conspiracy theory sites lately, but they do make for fun reading
wink.gif

Oct 13, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #7 of 15
Check out a graph of market activity from 1929 through 1935 or so. The market did not crash once and stay down. It dropped, came up a little, and eventually kept going down.

This spike was from the bargain hunters. We're still at the beginning of this. It won't be sorted out for a few years, if we're lucky. Prices have to normalize and everyone has to deleverage. It will be painful.

Oct 14, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #9 of 15
Up and down Up and down Up and down. If you are not used to it yet, maybe you never will be. Oh, and I'm not talking about your parents blood pressure as they unnecessarily freak out.

Oct 14, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #10 of 15
Good sign?

I hope so.
Is there any recent positive economic activity that can boost the market like this? Tell me if you know one. The market will realize this soon.

EU leaders said they will gurantee the loans between banks to restore a flow in credit market. Sounds good. But how? With who's money? You know they are broke too. So, here's the deal. US treasury is going to supply unlimited amounts of dollars to make that happen. That's what news said. Can you imagine what that mean?

I think US still playing bossy big brother while his house is on fire. Whoever came up with this idea is smart guy for sure. However, I wish he is not a unforgivable traitor that is putting US down deep to the hell hole.

Oct 14, 2008 at 10:10 AM Post #13 of 15
Stocks are up? Well, you can go back to sleep now...
L3000.gif

Oct 14, 2008 at 11:11 AM Post #14 of 15
I never implied it was over, or that it won't seesaw, or anything. All I'm saying is that it didn't just not drop for the first time in seven days, it roared back. I'm not touching my stocks regardless of what the market does, but I like to see gains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back